Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.metal.ie

• 04-02-2007 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Have any of you checked it out yet?

For those of you who haven't its a MySpace type thing for Ireland, for those of you who have what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

:( Ye have to sign up to view anything... so no, not going to bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Had a glance the other week, but tbh seemed a bit kiddy for me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mark Lorn

@the_syco: I think the reason why you have to sign up to view everything is because every page features some sort of interaction with your account.
    Most importantly who viewed what and the likes.

@Oral Slang: Do you mean the members act kiddy or the site design, layout or whatever is "kiddy". Im pretty sure you'll agree a site is only as good as its members make it.

You should have also made some suggestions/comments on the forum about what you think needs changing as the site is only 10 days old and has over 300 members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

I signed up just there a few hours ago, nice site, easy to use. Within a few minutes of joining I found someone I met at a gig last year which was cool!

- bo - wrote:
    I signed up just there a few hours ago, nice site, easy to use. Within a few minutes of joining I found someone I met at a gig last year which was cool!

Thats excellent - bo -,

I'm pretty sure thats the kind of thing that site was made for. Almost 350 Members now, 99% are metallers from Ireland so its definitly a fast growing community and worth checking out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I initially do not like the site as I cannot see any of areas of interest unless I sign up - which I think is completel unfair.

Hell I mean even boards.ie or metalireland.com allow you to browse the site as a guest!

Ph3n0m wrote:
    I initially do not like the site as I cannot see any of areas of interest unless I sign up - which I think is completel unfair.

Hell I mean even boards.ie or metalireland.com allow you to browse the site as a guest!

Firstly it takes less than 10 seconds to register, there is no need to confirm Email's or anything, just pick a username, Password and type in your Email Address and your done.

Secondly you CAN browse the site, you can view individual profiles of those who have recently logged in to get a taste for the site.

Allowing Guests to browse the site will obviously just end up with alot of leeches just in the browse section looking for girls or some ridiculouse type thing like that as www.metal.ie is one of the only social networking type sites that allows you to see which members have been viewing your page. If user's could browse as a guest these features would then become pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I signed up out of curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Just registered, looks pretty good. Nice one Mark Lorn

Advertisement