Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday World Tipster

• 04-02-2007 1:45pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have been reading the guy who gives the tips in the Sunday world for a few years,the one who does the e50 charity bet each week.I have never seen his stats for the year I ether keep missing his review of his tips for the previous year or he does not publish them.

So my question is has anybody seen his stats and if so what are they like...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Topcat101

That guy is a joke, I often won't get to read the sunday world until Monday. I'd say he only hits one in every 6 r so....:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Topcat101 wrote:
    That guy is a joke, I often won't get to read the sunday world until Monday. I'd say he only hits one in every 6 r so....:rolleyes:

Thats what I was thinking maybe this is why he does not publish his stats at the end of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

There does be a bet called bet of the day. Nearly sure he gets moe right than wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

He ended up in profit last year, didn't see the figures but remember towards end of yer he was saying he would just maximize profits and go for a couple of longs odds on shots - the one I saw him tip was Darren Clarke for BBC Sports personality of the year at 2/7 which lost.

He had a cracker during the summer, Jenson Button to win whatever GP it was at 100/1 but he said to play it safe and take a podium finish at 20/1 which was still a grand profit for fifty quid, not bad. Although would have thought it made more sense to do fifty each way? What are the fractions for a place in GP. Would have thought it was no worse than 1/5 the first three?

Advertisement