Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gambling forum needs a moderator

Options
  • 04-02-2007 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

Get the finger out lads and get one sorted. Hope this is the right forum

cheers.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

It has Whitewashman. What more does it need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

a Whitewashman who actually visits it. Isnt he in Kangaroo land?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wow, you're just charming aren't you.

Let me hop right to it...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

a Whitewashman who actually visits it. Isnt he in Kangaroo land?

..and we all know the the interwebnet hasn't reached down under yet! OH NOES! PANIC!

BuffyBot wrote:
    ..and we all know the the interwebnet hasn't reached down under yet! OH NOES! PANIC!

I am hoping he is too busy ti be posting regularly on boards though.

Good lad Dev.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Did you report problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Get the finger out lads and get one sorted. Hope this is the right forum

cheers.

ecksor looks after the gamling forum.
    he is down as a mod on there.

if you have an issue, then why not PM me?

i assume there hasnt been any problems becuase i dont recall seeing a reported posts.

ecksor looks after the gamling forum.
    he is down as a mod on there.

if you have an issue, then why not PM me?

i assume there hasnt been any problems becuase i dont recall seeing a reported posts.

The forum has no charter, so it doesnt say what is and isnt allowed. Stick up a charter which states what is allowed/ not allowed them people might report problems.

Why is it that the gambling forum is the only one without a mod who posts on it regularly? You were the only mod listed on the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

People make something out of nothing. Chunky should be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

5/1 says the OP won't go away happy.

• Advertisement

ecksor has been modding the forum since its inception.

the forum doesnt NEED a charter.

youre all big boys and girls. feel free to write up a charter if you want to and i would be happy to sticky it, but my advise is to take it to ecksor.

and stop being so bloody aggressive.

im still unsure if there is an actual issue or not.

Well i started this thread after this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055049950

So its not just me. I dont think i am being agressive.

P.S I'll have a 5er on that hagar. ;)

well, i think you are being aggressive.

and thats fine, i dont have an issue with there being a mod on that forum.
    in fact, i actively looked for one, but it is ecksors forum, and he is looking after it, so you will have to look for answers there.

quite frankly, if there has been trouble in the forum, i dont know why there hasnt been any reported posts, and i dont know why ecksor hasnt done something about it.

as cat mod, i was told to not harrass the admins over the lack of mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The forum has no charter, so it doesnt say what is and isnt allowed. Stick up a charter which states what is allowed/ not allowed them people might report problems.

Why is it that the gambling forum is the only one without a mod who posts on it regularly? You were the only mod listed on the side.
    no personal abuse.
    No dodgy links.
    No speaking of that promoter.

Off you go.

well, i think you are being aggressive.

and thats fine, i dont have an issue with there being a mod on that forum.
    in fact, i actively looked for one, but it is ecksors forum, and he is looking after it, so you will have to look for answers there.

quite frankly, if there has been trouble in the forum, i dont know why there hasnt been any reported posts, and i dont know why ecksor hasnt done something about it.

as cat mod, i was told to not harrass the admins over the lack of mod.

I didnt mean to be agressive. If Ecksor shot the idea down before and thinks its fine then that's fine. Thats all i needed to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Hey,

Sorry for dragging up an old thread - BUT the gambling forum does need a mod - not to enforce rules or smack out ban's because this is not needed the Mod’s role would be to promote the thread and get regular views etc.

The thread has loads of potential but there is a need for an active mod in my opinion.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jameshayes wrote: »
    BUT the gambling forum does need a mod - not to enforce rules or smack out ban's because this is not needed

This is the mods role in a forum, to enforce the rules.

the Mod’s role would be to promote the thread and get regular views etc.

This is the role of the users. How will making a user that posts there frequently a mod, increase the views a forum gets or promote the forum?

This is the role of the users. How will making a user that posts there frequently a mod, increase the views a forum gets or promote the forum?

I didn't say a user that posts regularly. I said someone who promotes the forum and the past time.

Eg. Setting up weekly soccer/rugby/GAA/snooker/Golf etc etc threads with info on bets, favourites, good deals etc etc..

Why is this so hard, there are tons of people that would like to be a mod, have and interest in the area and have the time to put the work in.

I really don’t want to get into an argument, just a discussion please.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I didn't say a user that posts regularly. I said someone who promotes the forum and the past time.

When you said active mod, I thought you meant a mod who was active in the forum.
    Eg. setting up weekly soccer/rugby/GAA/snooker/Golf etc etc threads with info on bets, favorites, good deals etc etc..

Why is this so hard, there are tons of people that would like to be a mod, have and interest in the area and have the time to put the work in.

I really dont want to get into an argument, just a discussion please.

Why does it have to be a mod that sets up these threads? Could a regular user not set them up instead?

I'm not looking for an argument either.

I feel, that on looking at a broad range of forums - the ones which are most active are the ones which have active mods, i think it will be good for boards and good for the gambling forum

• Advertisement

I feel, that on looking at a broad range of forums - the ones which are most active are the ones which have active mods, i think it will be good for boards and good for the gambling forum

I'm very active on Sligo IT, r3nu4l is very active on bowling and both of those forums are really quiet. If the After Hours and Personal Issues mods stopped posting on their forums, the forums would not get less active.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Boston wrote: »
    People make something out of nothing. Chunky should be banned.
    +1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hagar wrote: »
    5/1 says the OP won't go away happy.

But me down for €100

Just an aside but if the forum doesn't have a charter is there a default one?

yes.

dont act the bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Why is it that the gambling forum is the only one without a mod who posts on it regularly?

Wow, fair play to you for visiting every other forum on Boards.ie and checking that out .... but you didnt ... did you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This thread is nearly 10 months old, so I doubt Chucky is even aware its risen again

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

6th wrote: »
    Wow, fair play to you for visiting every other forum on Boards.ie and checking that out .... but you didnt ... did you?

Twat.

Twat.

You dont like me, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

6th wrote: »
    You dont like me, do you?

Thank you for logging in, Bossarky.

• Advertisement

Why dont you offer to mod it David, I mean you havent been a mod since back when you had the For Sale gig.

Advertisement