Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gambling forum needs a moderator

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Righto, I'll post it in both.

Should be out of the oven by 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I'd do it. Have been subscribed a good long while and visit daily.

+1 , Joe would be Ideal.

Gambling Forum Charter

Read this first and don’t gamble on getting a ban!

•The Gambling forum caters for anything and everything Gambling based. While it may have a slight soccer bias, we welcome anything you can have a bet on around these parts. Even Brian Cowens tie colour on budget day.

•While a gambling forum should have a big slant towards the horses, this one doesn’t. Try and keep any tips for the horses to the horse racing forum which you can find by clicking “sports” in the drop down menu and then clicking “horse racing” believe it or not.

•As with every forum on Boards.ie, no acting the bollocks is allowed. Acting the bollocks is outbursts/abuse against fellow posters on the forum, seeking out arguments aka trolling, dragging threads off topic or posting wildly off topic threads. If you find yourself doing any of this, expect the ban-hammer of justice to be placing itself in your vicinity very shortly.

•The third rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fourth rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fifth rule of the gambling forum…. You get the idea. Afterposting is coming on here telling everybody about how much you won off a 12 fold accumulator. Unless you posted it on the forum beforehand, no-one gives a ****e. It’s very frowned upon around these parts.

•When posting a selection/tip please give a reasoning and background to the tip. In other words, don’t come on and say “Stick the house on XXXX to win, it’s a sure thing”. That sort of ****e will not be entertained.

•If someone posts a tip/selection (with a reasoning behind it) and it loses, do not abuse them. Believe it or not you didn’t have to follow the tip.

•Boards.ie is a private body, as such don’t post possibly libellous posts. You don’t have free speech. You don’t have free advertising either, so no commercial posts. Spam is not a type of food around here and will result in your banning. Possibly permanently.

•Moderators decision is final. If you have a problem with a moderator, take it to (a) Helpdesk or (b) Feedback. These can be found in the “Sys” drop down menu.

Edit: As you can't gamble if you're under 18, this forum is for over 18s only.

That’s the charter. We’re a big happy family around these parts and we’d like to keep it that way.

Let the gambling commence!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just finished it.

Any additions or suggestions?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bubs101 wrote: »
    This is pretty strange. All of the regular users of the forum seem to want a mod (including myself) and yet those who never use it seem to be stonewalling it. Personally I'd say Mike65 or Bernard Hopkins should get it but I do think we need one

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it shouldn't have a mod that post in it regulatly. An active mod stop things before they happen which I think is a good thing. Jameshayes seems to have this romantic notion that an active mod can have a revitalising effect that can breath life into the most deadest of forums (no offence man and I can see where you are coming from, I really do).

In reality it's the users who make a forum what it is not the mods. Themods are just theer to keep things ticking along smoothly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Jameshayes seems to have this romantic notion that an active mod can have a revitalising effect that can breath life into the most deadest of forums.

Everyone can dream, everyone can dream.

On a serious note. No i dont think it would have a revitalising effect but I do think it will begin to attract regular users.. For the last 6 months or so I have been checking in and i've seen nothing but old threads with about 4/5 posts.

In the past week there has been a surge in users/posts all because Mike65 IrishMike cson have been actively creating competition and been giving good advice.

Cson set up a brill competition which would be great if it happened once a month

Again - it doesn't cost anything to get a mod in, and there is loads of people that would love the job. Why is it so hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Its hard to get good mods these days:)

5starpool a good & experienced mod has been added. I have asked him to keep an eye out for a co mod or two should the need arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Vexorg wrote: »

5starpool a good & experienced mod has been added. I have asked him to keep an eye out for a co mod or two should the need arise.

Much oblidged!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

5starpool a good & experienced mod

And fellow sligonian. I'm telling you, us Sligo lads are taking over this place. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

And fellow sligonian. I'm telling you, us Sligo lads are taking over this place. :)

You look after their education AC, then I'll arrange their descent into degeneracy through poker and gambling (and skiing).

• Advertisement

I'll also help them buy the laptop that they use to play poker and gamble online and to book there skiing holidays.

Is this a first? A satisfactory feedback outcome? :eek:

Thanks Vexorg :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

cson wrote: »
    Is this a first? A satisfactory feedback outcome? :eek:

Thanks Vexorg :)
    Good work there Vex.

And now, as this thread has reached a satisfactory conclusion without any feline interference, I present to you...

Gambling cat.
    istockphoto_3121632_poker_cat.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Another missed opportunity for Pighead.

Advertisement