Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wireles issues with new belkin + BT

• 04-02-2007 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi

Some questions about my setup. Up until christmas I had been running a 3mb link successfully from a d-link wireless router.

It stopped working suddenly; basically when detecting the network it sees it in the detected networks list as per usual, but when I try to connect it gives me a windows error, "Cannot connect to this network as it may have moved or lost connectivity", something like that. This happens on my main pc and laptop. I have an ok dsl connection on the router, and the wiring is fine.

I tried this with a second Belkin router, whcih can't even see the internet connection at all. The only way I can currently use the internet is through a wired Zyxel. So, my questions;

1. Why can I see the network, know that the dsl line is ok, but can't connect wirelessly? Why does windows see the network, then give me that error message when I connect? (WZC is started, etc)

2. How come I never get a dsl light on the Belkin? It has a RJ11 connector - must I use this or can I use my regular BT filter? Whats the difference?

Advertisement