Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

screen going blank

• 04-02-2007 4:45pm

Yesterday while on the internet my laptop screen went blank. I had to restart and everything was ok. However later it happened again and already once today....it just happens for no reason no matter what I'm doing. If I put the laptop into standby and come out of it again the screen comes back although obviously this is annoying if I'm in the middle of downloading a large file.

Just a day or two beforehand I bought a VGA cable and was trying to use my lcd tv as an external monitor.....could I have damaged something?

Thanks for any help..

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

have you still got the cable plugged in?
    when it happens again cycle through Fn+F5 a few times to see does it come
    back up

No the cable wasn't connected. I don't know what Fn+F5 does but Fn+F8 is the shortcut for switching to an external monitor on my inspiron.

The last time the screen went (about an hour ago) all I was doing was playing isketch at isketch.net. Because I was downloading something I couldnt restart or go into standby.

I got the VGA cable out and hooked up to my TV and the screen came back at a crappy resolution. When I tried to change to its proper resolution the screen went blank again....

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

sorry, it varies from laptop to laptop it is f5 on mine. your second output is still on then and could be causing issues, switch it off in display properties and see does that help

Advertisement