Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Von Hertzen Brothers

• 04-02-2007 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

One of the biggest bands in Finland at the moment is the Von Hertzen Brothers. I only know a few of their songs to date but they are magnificent. And just because they're from Finland doesn't mean they're the same as Lordi (not that that's such a bad thing either).

Take some Pink Floyd mixed with Crosby, Stills and Nash. Add a little Led Zepplin and throw in a modern rock beat and then you have VHB - 70s style rock that hasn't dated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qREMWea17ys

This song has one of the best and catchiest guitar riffs in recent rock music. Go on, see if you can't get it out of your head after listening to it three or four times.

"If I surrender, will you remember me.......":D

http://www.vonhertzenbrothers.com
    http://myspace.com/vonhertzenbrothers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

deman wrote:
    And just because they're from Finland doesn't mean they're the same as Lordi (not that that's such a bad thing either).

Why would anyone be stupid enough to assume something from Finland is the as Lordi? There's absolutely loads of excellent bands from Finland.

Anyway, more to the point, the video you've linked was pretty good. Not something I'd run out and buy, but yeah, it's decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Why would anyone be stupid enough to assume something from Finland is the as Lordi? There's absolutely loads of excellent bands from Finland.

Because, believe it or not, there are those who, when I mention a band from Finland, they say, "not another Lordi band, is it?" There are some narrow-minded ppl out there you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

deman wrote:
    Because, believe it or not, there are those who, when I mention a band from Finland, they say, "not another Lordi band, is it?" There are some narrow-minded ppl out there you know.

Certainly there are narrow minded people, but I'd scarely imagine people being as plain thick as to think that every band from a particular country are idential. That's just ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Ridiculous as it sounds, it's true. Especially where my friends in Ireland are concerned. I first introduced them to Lordi about three or four years ago, they laughed at it and thought it was one big joke. Later I asked them to listen to other Finnish bands such as HIM, Nightwish, Poets of the Fall, Children of Bodom, Stratovarius and 69 Eyes. Number 1 question was "Are they are crap as Lordi?" After listening to them, they couldn't admit that the music was good. "It's twenty years behind us!!", "it's too 80s rock!!" and other BS!

Advertisement