Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esatbt Usage limit gone?

Options
  • 04-02-2007 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Something strange has happened with my esatbt broadband usage checker ever since January it has ceased logging my downloads/uploads. For the months of januray and February i had 0.00 GB of traffic and no logins under my connections despite actually using the connection quite frequently - has BT stopped pretending to care about download limits in 2007? or is it just a bug of some kind. Either way, im fairly sure i am under the normal limit just confused as to what esat are up to - anyone else have this problem or are able to enlighten me to whats going on - or has it gone the way of most european providers where the download limit means nothing :S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It's a bug that happens sometimes. Happened to me last year sometime. It should come back of its own accord. Give them a ring if it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

Yep, a bug that's been happening for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Mine's dead ages..I rely on NetLimter

• Registered Users Posts: 39 juice79

Just send them an e-mail with your BB username & they can fix it. Not too sure but I think its got something to do with changing port numbers at your local exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Are BT still keeping track of the usage even if that meter isn't working? It'd be handy if they weren't, mine's bust and I'm on 15 gb already this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 juice79

The usage still gets monitored you just can't see any daily update. After BT reset you username the stats appear as you would expect. So if you're going way over the data limits they can still tell. Happened to me a couple of times. Like I said just send BT an e-mail with your username to get the counters reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Yeah that thing seems to be very sporadic at updating for me - I've often noticed it not change for weeks, and it was on 0 GB for the majority of last year.

And I'm pretty sure I've downloaded more than 142 GB since 2004 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Data uploaded 120.45 GB [129337366587 bytes]
    Data downloaded 298.68 GB [320708046189 bytes]

Since 2005.. Could be higher, but not small :)

Advertisement