Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Linksys wireless problem

• 04-02-2007 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi guys.

I am trying to set up a wireless broadband in my house.

I hav NTL broadband installed already and hav bought a Linksys ADSL home gateway. The guy in the shop told me this is what i needed!

The problem is though the computer tells me that the pc can detect the router nd the signal is strong but the router can detect the internet!

I hav an 'ENET' wire running from the back of my broadband box into the linskys box, i think i maybe missing cables or just doing something wrong!

Any help would be great its driving me mad!!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 acab

I have a Linksys Wireless g router running NTL broadband. No problems.
    I had heard that there might be a compatibility issue but there wasn't.

The first time you set up the wi-fi network, you need to connect the router to your pc to configure the system (one cable from modem to router, another from router to PC ).

If that doesn't get you going, Linksys have good online support ..... if you connect the ntl modem to your pc and get on to them that way, they should be able to point you in the right direction. They'll also talk you through securing the wi fi router signal which is recommended.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Aidok wrote:
    Hi guys.

I am trying to set up a wireless broadband in my house.

I hav NTL broadband installed already and hav bought a Linksys ADSL home gateway. The guy in the shop told me this is what i needed!

The problem is though the computer tells me that the pc can detect the router nd the signal is strong but the router can detect the internet!

I hav an 'ENET' wire running from the back of my broadband box into the linskys box, i think i maybe missing cables or just doing something wrong!

Any help would be great its driving me mad!!

Cheers

If in fact you have a linksys adsl router then it may be that you have the wrong model for what you want to do. Could you give the model no of the linksys? If it is an adsl router then it is geared for phone broadband.

The model no would help a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Aidok

rang petes nd spoke to one of them, said i was sold the wrong thing i got a router nd modem in one wen i only need the router so i gotta bring it back nd hopefully the router will work

thanks anyway

Advertisement