Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

people sellin drawings

• 04-02-2007 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

has anyone else had people callin up to their houses tryin to sell u drawings? ive had two peeps in the past month or so, both from poland tellin me that they are tryin to sell their drawings to make money for college. this could be true but i really didnt believe them... :confused:

i wouldnt mind but today the drawings the girl showed me were the same as the drawings that the other fella sold. sooooo either they are in the same drawing class OR they are sellin...fakes!!! for like 15euro pft :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Just got a call 10 mins ago coincidentally. Very hot Polish girl, with the same drawings that some bloke before her had and another girl before him had.

I think there was a Joe Duffy show about this whole thing. Not so sure about the whole Oliver/Fagan style racket they were making it out to be on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Yeah, a guy called to my door, introducing himself as Robert, and trying to sell me some of his work. I just politely declined, but had it been a hot Polish girl, I must admit I might have given her 30 seconds' more time. Yes I am that shallow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've had a few, mostly Hungarians all claiming it to be their work. I've never even looked at the pictures though because I'm always busy doing something when they call!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

Yeah.I seen this in Dublin.Sign of the times is all.I wouldn't be bothered not much different to the our indigenous carpet selling community:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Fandyfan

Im tempted to buy one of the drawings so that when another one of them calls up, i can just show them that i bought one of their drawings already! hee hee :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,665 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The sentimental slush that they are selling is actually prints if you look closely, tho they will tell you they are art students and its their own work.

Advertisement