Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medtronic Interview

Options
  • 04-02-2007 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all.

I recently went through the assesment for a process operator with Medtronic and I passed. Now I am being called for an interview. what i really want to know is what should i wear for this interview? Are suit and tie too formal or should i just go with a pants and respectable shirt or jumper?? i have'nt had many interviews and the ones i have had were all for labouring or retail jobs so there was no real need to dress up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

A suit would be too formal.....i think anyway.

Just wear a shirt and tie....can't go wrong with that.

Maybe slacks would be better than jeans, but definitely wear a shirt and tie. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nice jeans and a shirt, no tie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭sgthighway

biko wrote:
    Nice jeans and a shirt, no tie
    I'd go with that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Dude it's a factory job they don't give a fiddler's what you wear they just want more minions..as long as you're clean and reasonably intelligent they'll take you

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

It's a job interview so why wouldn't you wear a suit and tie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭sgthighway

malice_ wrote:
    It's a job interview so why wouldn't you wear a suit and tie?
    Because the people working there don't wear suits. In my opinion its one of the first things you should check before going to an interview; see what the dress code is. It is possible to over dress/ under dress.

Have you done a medical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

sgthighway wrote:
    Because the people working there don't wear suits. In my opinion its one of the first things you should check before going to an interview; see what the dress code is. It is possible to over dress/ under dress.

Have you done a medical yet?

I'm sitting in work in jeans and runners, did I wear a suit to my interview? Damn right! You should of course wear a suit to any interview, it shows respect for the company you are hoping to work for. I interviewed for a company before, the instructions for the interview said formal wear was not neccessary, I wore a suit, I was told it was appreciated, I got the job.

Wear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I went to a interview for APC phone support in jeans and shirt. Got the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

I'm sitting in work in jeans and runners, did I wear a suit to my interview? Damn right! You should of course wear a suit to any interview, it shows respect for the company you are hoping to work for. I interviewed for a company before, the instructions for the interview said formal wear was not neccessary, I wore a suit, I was told it was appreciated, I got the job.

Wear it.

What he said...

It shows that you will make the extra effort.

sgthighway wrote:
    What does what the people working there have to do with anything? If the original poster was going for a job in an abattoir would it matter that the workers wear blood-stained overalls? As it happens, quite a few people in Medtronic wear suits to work but they are the big-wigs :)
    It's possible to over dress when you're actually working in a place but not for the interview. Without wanting to labour the point, it's all about making a good impression with the interviewer. It's the same reason that most people wear suits to court, just substitute judge for interviewer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

malice_ wrote:
    It's possible to over dress when you're actually working in a place but not for the interview. Without wanting to labour the point, it's all about making a good impression with the interviewer. It's the same reason that most people wear suits to court, just substitute judge for interviewer!
    It doesn't matter IMO. But a suit can't do you any harm. Plus you get to strut around for the rest of the day in your swanky suit and look kinda important. :cool:

you get to strut around for the rest of the day in your swanky suit and look kinda important.
    Or looking like someone who has been or is about to be before a judge :D

malice_ wrote:
    Or looking like someone who has been or is about to be before a judge :D

That depends on how high the angle of your baseball cap is...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Wear it.

Bollox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I wouldnt bother with the suit , i think smart casual is the way.I worked there a few years ago just dressed neatly, slacks, shirt, jumper, shoes etc for the interview..To be honest you could go in jeans and runners but for me it doesnt show your taking much interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

so did you get the job or wha' ?

Bollox

Why must you always analyse everything with your relentless logic!?

Advertisement