Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What HTPC would you recommend?

Options
  • 04-02-2007 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am looking for building two types of machines using small desktop cases.
    Something with this kind of design
    http://www.xcase.co.uk/p/288844/antec-fusion-htpc-media-center-case--430-watt-psu-included.html

First machine type would be a server and the other one will be a multimedia PC installed in the sitting room.
    For the server I need to be able to have 4 network connections (RJ45 ports).

My priority is to have something extremelly quiet.
    I spent a lot of money to buy hardware, I even tried the BTX format, which is silent, but not enough.

I am looking for something small and extremelly quiet, what would you recommend ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

UNCKLROSCCO IS selling a htpc case on adverts.ie which is mena be 1 of the best 1s you can get i think its a antec fusion or sumtin.

edit:sorry seen you linked that case in ur post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

awhir wrote:
    UNCKLROSCCO IS selling a htpc case on adverts.ie which is mena be 1 of the best 1s you can get i think its a antec fusion or sumtin.

edit:sorry seen you linked that case in ur post.

Even with 2x 120mm Fans and a 430 W Power Supply, plus the CPU Fan I would add ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

If ur wondering if its quite with all those fans, the answer is yes... I'm using a stock intel cooler. With the fan on that off u can't hear the other fans unless ur right ontop of the case.. I've a low profile zalman i've been meaning to fit to it but now that im upgrading i aint bothered.

Its a great case, highly recommend it...

Advertisement