Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta Cup

Options
  • 04-02-2007 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭

Worth bearing in mind that eventual winners Drogheda were briefly available at 12/1 for this last year in the ante-post market. At 4s this year, I don't personally think they appeal. People will be expecting big things of them in the league this season, and they might not have quite the same energy and enthusiasm levels that they have had in cup competitions in recent years.

St Pats at 4/1 to win their group look like a decent bet, as Cork City cannot be any stronger than last season.

In the outright market, the 27/1 about Portadown looks nice, I will probably take a bit of that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

what are pats outright?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Before I start I should point out I'm a Pats fan. One who never bets on them (can't stand heartache and financial loss) but...

I've gone fairly big (7 point on a 10 points scale) on Pats to win the group at 4/1 with Boyles. The thinking is Dungannon are awful and both Cork and Pats should beat them home and away. Portadown played Pats last year and although both teams were understrength Pats comfortably won 2-0 in Shamrock Park. I'd expect it to be tougher this year but I'd still fancy pats and Cork to get at least 4 points from the two games. Which means it'd be down to the Pats/Cork games. In our last four meetings Pats have won two and drawn two (One win each at home and away) and since those games Pats have significantly improved the team (Ndo, O'Neill, Kirby) while Cork have added nobody and lost 2 of their better players (and half their defence) in Murphy and Bennett.

Boyles have cut the odds on Pats overall from 25/1 to 14/1. PP have Pats at 6/1 overall and 11/4 for the group. You might get value at the UK bookies

After tonights results Pats have been cut to 4/1 for the Cup by both Boyles and paddys

Linfield have come in too

Hope you didn't back Portadown at 27s. They were awful

*Bump*

Hope someone else got on :D

Advertisement