Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vic, members only???!?!?

Options
  • 04-02-2007 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Oh dear lord, couldnt believe my eyes when i saw the sign on the door. The Vic, of all places is now an exclusive members only hangout for Limerick elite.

I am curious to see how long this lasts, it was the only place teenagers could go for pool, and at that it is a ****hole, a really down trotten basement building.....

It shocks me to now know that their is not one place in Limerick City for people to do an activity. The city is now exclusively for shopping and eating. The youth cafe is putting in a pool table meaning that for the cities 20,000 or so citizens under the legal age we now have one pool table in the city centre.

Ennis Road has FunWorld but thats amazing difficult to get to especially from Raheen, Limerick Co. Co. refused another such facility over on our side about 2 years ago. Considering this is meant to be a priority for the city things are actually getting worse for the cities youth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

The member thing is only for snooker.
    And they dont even enforce that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

St. Michaels by the GPO in Lower Cecil Street above Tubes(not sure about the street name, but the one with the post office)

It's technically members too, but only if it's jammers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yeah, but they only have snooker, no pool.... The notice was on the door and we had to type in a number or something to get into the vic...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

The guys who used to own he Savoy will be building a new place in town soon, and there's an area of the Opera center set aside for "gaming".

I know it's a few years off, but at least it's coming.

Great to hear that we'll be getting some city centre entertainment stuffs back in Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

I miss the days of dossing school in the buzz...:(

Pool, black lights and unce unce choons, couldn't go wrong like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Yeah, but they only have snooker, no pool.... The notice was on the door and we had to type in a number or something to get into the vic...

LMAO type in a number?! All you have to is open the door!! Its a bit stiff so give it a good push!!!!

Yeah, think there was a keypad on the door...

Advertisement