Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hibernian online quote allows 1.6 MR2

Options
  • 04-02-2007 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

If you go for a qoute on www.hibernian.ie all it asks for is the make e.g. Toyota,Nissan and the cc eg 1600 1990etc. If you go through with this I should be able to get insured in a 89 1.6 MR2. The qoute was €1800 to transfer from my current insurance in a 1.0l Micra van.

But the other day on the phone they wouldn't hear any of it.
    An 18 year old in an MR2, surely not!

Going by the online qoute you technicaly insure a RX-7 as a 1.3!
    Is this right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

magher wrote:
    If you go for a qoute on www.hibernian.ie all it asks for is the make e.g. Toyota,Nissan and the cc eg 1600 1990etc. If you go through with this I should be able to get insured in a 89 1.6 MR2. The qoute was €1800 to transfer from my current insurance in a 1.0l Micra van.

But the other day on the phone they wouldn't hear any of it.
    An 18 year old in an MR2, surely not!

Going by the online qoute you technicaly insure a RX-7 as a 1.3!
    Is this right?

They ask you in the T&Cs if it is a sportscar?

I wouldn't expect they would insure an 18yo in an MR2, even if it has a corolla sized engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

read through the terms and conditions online and if there is nothing preventing you from doing so, then pay for the policy online?

slightly off-topic: thought it was a legal requirement that they have to at least quote you? and cant discriminate based on age?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I think hibenian give you a rough price to start with online and then they make you fill in specifics. Once you get to the point of putting in the model and type it will more than likely give you a "You need to call us to finish this qoute".

Advertisement