Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psp 3.10OE how to?

Options
  • 04-02-2007 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

hows it going,
    well i had my finger in the modding scene at the beginning but the games i bought forced me to upgrade, so i've been out of touch with the whole dark alex messiah thing, till i noticed that he's just released 3.10 OE in the past 48hrs.

anyway i have no clue how to install the latest 3.10OE, and the tutorials dont make much sense to me yet as im thrown into the deep end, so if anyone has any experience would you be able to walk me through it.

my current version is 3.03 official sony release.
    my psp&main board is an original one and was 1.50 way back when i got it.

thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

never mind i've been reading since i posted,
    in the process of doing it now.

for anyone else thats interested
    you gotta downgrade first info here

then you gotta update to 3.10oe info here

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER!

i'll let ye know how i get on. so far so good:)

works perfectly, playing an old ps1 game now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 E=McHammer

good on you,i'm much more into xbox modding but i have a psp,i dont spend much on it,it was a launch so is was preloaded with v1.0,my disinterest in it is evident because it still has a stock 32mb memstick,its always good to see new mods,seeing as how if you google console mods 60% are xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭the-lad

works perfectly, playing an old ps1 game now :)
    apologies for jumping in 1
    What exactly do I need to be able to do this? :confused:
    Is it only ntsc games that can be used?:confused:

well the release of firmware 3.03 allowed the psp to emulate perfectly the ps1, with no lag what so ever, even allows you to change controls to compensate for loss of a thumb controller, only problem is that you have to have a ps3, and authorise your psp with the ps3 to play the games.

the psp games are downloaded to your ps3 via sony website and transfered to your psp over usb

dark alex, the guy who keeps releasing his 'enhanced' firmware updates, (usually a day or two after sony release theirs) bypasses this need to authenticate your psp ith your ps3, allowing your psp to play ps1 games.

now using ps1 backup programs and other conversion programs you can rip your old games and conver them to psp playable eboots, transfer them across to your psp memcard and bobs your uncle.

my psp firmware is 3.10oeA,
    notice the oe?
    so it allows you to play the oldest of ps1 games from the memcard,
    while still having the latest features of sony official update.

did i also mention that my psp & accessories etc are up for grabs, dont have the time, and college work is mounting up.
    200ish and its yours

sm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭the-lad

now using ps1 backup programs and other conversion programs you can rip your old games and conver them to psp playable eboots, transfer them across to your psp memcard and bobs your uncle.

my psp firmware is 3.10oeA,
    notice the oe?
    so it allows you to play the oldest of ps1 games from the memcard,
    while still having the latest features of sony official update.

sm

my psp firmware is 3.10oeA as well, its ps1 backup programs and other conversion programs that I haven't a clue about. Is it something like icetea i need?:confused:

heres all the info and more

http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title=PSX_on_PSP_Multiple_Disk_Howto

sent a pm too
    :rolleyes:

you might also like this,

its my version of the iphone skin,
    i didn't like some of the other versions so i made my own

clownmr0.png

just save it to your photo folder and set it as a background

apL rule

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

ye i upgraded mine to 3.03 oec it like it better since i can mod the icons if anyone wants to buy the gta disk i used for this hit me up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

I have 3.10OE-A. Its extremely easy to use, And I know how to make custom XMB icons too after a little learning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Quick question, I have a 1.5 PSP with Devhook installed. It allows to me run homebrew such as emulators but also play the latest games with devhook. Is it possible to upgrade to Dark Alex's latest firmware and play PS1 games but still run homebrew?

cheers

ya im happily playing supermario on my psp using snes9x
    :)

ya im happily playing supermario on my psp using snes9x
    :)

Excellent! I'll be upgrading tonight so.

follow the instructions to the letter!!

and enjoy:D

Twas easy as pie! Playing Resident Evil. Good Times! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

Yea, Im playing FF7 right now!!!

Let the good times roll!!! Seriously, what a game.....its simply brilliant!!!

Advertisement