Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

loving her faults

• 04-02-2007 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hey there. we've been going out for a year now. there are things about her that annoy me so much. things about her that make me angry everytime they come up. small things but really really annoying

She says I should love her faults. find them endearing like...

So... do you... are there faults in your partner which you find... endearing???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

She's wrong.

You shouldn't find her "faults" endearing but you should accept that they are part of her and love her regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Not a personal issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Well,she has flaws: she watches too many Hollywood 'romcoms' and puts up with you.

Seriously, you need to strap her into a chair, prop open her eyelids with matchsticks, and re-educate her. I mean, what other choice do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

If these things were endearing they wouldn't be faults. I bet she has some problems with you tbh, you can't expect her to think of you as flawless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Agreed with LadyJ, learn to live with each others faults.

After Hours answer: dump her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Depends what her faults are really.

If they involve leaving her used undies lying about the house, then yes, you should learn to live with and even love her habit.

If they involve putting cat poo in your marmite sandwiches then I'd seriously consider having "the talk" with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Lol @ "loving her faults". I don't get how people are saying to accept them and love her regardless, because if she knows the things she does annoys you and continues to do them (i.e knowingly p1ss you off), well, f*ck her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

rb_ie wrote:
    Lol @ "loving her faults". I don't get how people are saying to accept them and love her regardless, because if she knows the things she does annoys you and continues to do them (i.e knowingly p1ss you off), well, f*ck her.

Lol, so if he hates the way her sneezes are really loud and high pitched then she can go to hell!?

It depends what the OP means really tbh. There are things people can't change about themselves even though they might be annoying as fcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

rb_ie wrote:
    because if she knows the things she does annoys you and continues to do them (i.e knowingly p1ss you off), well, f*ck her.

No offence rb_ie but I fail to see how ripping her clothes off and making rough love to her is gonna help solve matters. Surely open dialogue is the only way these problems can be solved?

LadyJ wrote:
    Lol, so if he hates the way her sneezes are really loud and high pitched then she can go to hell!?

It depends what the OP means really tbh. There are things people can't change about themselves even though they might be annoying as fcuk.
    Yeah I agree, really depends on what the OP means by "faults". Obviously if its nothing she can't help, like sneezing or something, then nothing can be done about it and you'd just have to learn to accept that, but if its something like not washing her hands after using the bathroom, or something that can indeed be altered (a habit), but she refuses to...well, give her the boot I say :)

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote:
    No offence rb_ie but I fail to see how ripping her clothes off and making rough love to her is gonna help solve matters. Surely open dialogue is the only way these problems can be solved?
    ATM. Teach the b1tch a lesson ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Part of an adult relationship is learning that neither person is perfect, and putting up with the small little things that irritate you.

There are of course also little "quirks" that we all have. Some people find some of their partner's quirks endearing. The same people may find other quirks irritating.

By no means should you "love" her quirks, but if you can love her in spite of them, then that's the important thing.

Advertisement