Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor txts not getting through to Voda?

• 04-02-2007 10:12pm
    Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭

Have 2 friends in sth east asia, up until lately no problems but for last 3/4 days I have been getting their txts but when I reply it says sent but they don't receive the txts.

Anyone ever some across this? The online webtext with meteor doesn't get to them either. A friend on O2 seems to be able to txt them fine.

My understanding was that the txts are received by vodafone Ireland from Meteor and then sent on so there should be no reason why O2 txts should make in and Meteor ones don't.

These txts have come up on my online bill so I am being charged for them even though they aren't getting there.

Will have to call customer services but just know that they will be useless..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I do know that recently there have been some issues with texting and calling Asia. If I recall correctly, I don't think you can call or text Thailand at the moment due to technical issues, from Meteor at least.

I may be wrong as I read something about that about a month ago.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it seemed to work fine when they were in laos and thailand, possibly it is only since they have gotten to cambodia it has stopped working.

customer services were no use, their advice was to stop txting them while they are abroad, very helpful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Right, that's a bit more specific. I wouldn't think that's a network problem as such. Meteor only have SMS agreements with certain operators in certain countries. Again, I don't know most of these off hand, but that is more than likely your reason. For example, in Australia, I think you can text most networks (Vodafone, Hutchinson and one more) but you can't text Optus.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

cheers thats basically what she said. of course she couldn't tell me who they do have an agreement with, or even if they had anyone in cambodia. I checked roaming countries though and it's on there so they must have someone. she said to call back tomorrow and maybe there would be someone there who would know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

daveym wrote:
    cheers thats basically what she said. of course she couldn't tell me who they do have an agreement with, or even if they had anyone in cambodia. I checked roaming countries though and it's on there so they must have someone. she said to call back tomorrow and maybe there would be someone there who would know!
    that's absolutely useless. a customer care agent should be sacked for that. she clearly doesn't care

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

that's absolutely useless. a customer care agent should be sacked for that. she clearly doesn't care
    Ring back now, you'll get an agent who knows the answer. If they don't, ask to speak to someone who does or offer to wait on hold which they check with tech.

Advertisement