Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place for low profile PCI cards ?

Options
  • 04-02-2007 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for Low Profile cards, such as video cards, network cards and so.
    Kompletl seems to have a low profile video controler, ATI x1300, fair enough, but what about network cards and other useful PCI cards ?

Any good place in Dublin, or on the web ?

Visited Maplin once, they had one Low Profile NIC model, but not really a good product, really basic.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,354 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I've been having luck with ebay.ie recently. Picked up a decent SATA controller for under a tenner. Most other odds and ends are likely to be about as cheap....easilly under 50e for pretty much anything. My motto being if you have an empty slot, you aren't using your computer right!

Don't know anything about PCI video though. I don't like the sound of it. My brother has a PCI video card stateside and he wants to shoot himself last I checked :)

Advertisement