Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 the smalllest ball?

Options
  • 05-02-2007 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Is there smaller or lighter ball than a 6?

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

haven't seen one lighter than 6 in all the bowling alleys i've been to , so i'm going to assume that 6 is the lightest

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I have seen a couple of 4lb balls, but I think this may have been something fashioned in-house as they were only ever given to patients from a nearby hospital who were physically and mentally challenged.

Other than that a 6 lb ball is the lightest I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Grand thanks.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hey Kdjac, I did a bit more research and guess what? There are 4lb and even 2.5 lb balls made! :)

See here.
    Now the website says that they are high-quality and will not split (they're hollow) but it is always a possibility that they could get damaged by the lane machinery. Even large, heavy-weight bowling balls can get damaged :)

They are designed for seniors, children and special needs people.

I'll keep looking to see if I can find somewhere in the UK that stocks them.

EDIT: Brunswick, AMF and Hammer all only sell 6 lb as their lowest weight but I've just got in contact with Hammer and asked them if they produce lower weight balls that aren't shown on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

For a 3 yr old who pushes the ball rather than throws it :)

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement