Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An emmotioanl post - timeout - discarded- dead!!!!

Options
  • 05-02-2007 3:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭

I've recently attempted to post a reply to a fairly emotive forum - i've done this before when I was over the eight. Fair - cop- that timeout kops the drunks etc. However, when it happened this time - I was dismayed!

It was a message for someone who has cancer and maybe dead tomorrow.

I spent 20 mins typing the message and there is no recovery option for the message - I try to post - too late - back track "page expired!" - This is a **** feature of Jelsoft imho!

""Click here" to preserve previous input!" is that so much to ask?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

If you have the "keep me logged in" thingy checked when you log in initially this won't happen. When you log out it does clear all cookies and all user info will be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you are spending 20 minutes typing a reply you shouldn't rely on your browser to hold the info for all that time. Always select all- copy; it's not too difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Ctrl + A , Ctrl + C = :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Learnt this the hard way as well. I tend to write any long replies up in Notepad or MS Word and then copy and paste it into boards when its finished.

Especially when Boards is a bit ropey!!

Advertisement