Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betfair laying?

Options
  • 05-02-2007 3:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Say if I have €1,000 put It on Lloyd to beat Barney and get odds of 4/1 Lloyd wins first set and goes to 2/1 how do I lay If I have my thousand on him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Unless your taking the piss?? :confused:

You go back into the same market where you backed Lloyd to win at 4/1 and click on lay (beside Lloyd @ 2/1) and enter your stake.

tbh, if your asking that kind of a question, i would have to question what type of gambler you are!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Oh thanks very much.

I dont have a betfair account that long. I know how to lay and what the risk Is but I dont know how It works. If I put my thousand on Lloyd at 4/1 then If I press lay will It show the money Im winning so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Oh thanks very much.

I dont have a betfair account that long. I know how to lay and what the risk Is but I dont know how It works. If I put my thousand on Lloyd at 4/1 then If I press lay will It show the money Im winning so far.
    You're not winning anything so far. Its only potential profit.

In the options make sure you check the "What if" box (and all the others, eg Profit after commision) so when you put in your lay figures it should show you how your potential profits/loss will change on either side before you actually click on submit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

If you are seriously considering gambling them amounts using a platform you don't understand, I'd say you are mad. Betfair takes a while to get used to, and small stakes starting out are a must for any serious gambler.

I have wrote a fairly large article explaining the workings of betfair HERE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

if you start off with a 1000 euro bank. then back someone for 1000 euro, you're not going to have any money to use to lay off the selection. if you're trading make sure you have enough in your bank to lay it off aswell (happened once or twice to me when i was startin up!)

tbh mate trading is a dodgy game. your example you are backing that darts player hoping he wins the first few legs and then lay him off. what if he loses the first few? his price shoots up and means a very stressful time trying to cover your potential losses

make sure you have a fair idea of the outcome.

having said that it's great when all outcomes are green and you can sit back knowing whatever the outcome you're in profit :)

Advertisement