Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty 4 In The Works

• 05-02-2007 8:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Some Call of Duty 4 news found on neowin.net:
    neowin.net wrote:
    A reliable source close to the Call of Duty development teams has revealed not only the existence of Call of Duty 4, but vital details surrounding the game as well, including the fact that it will be based on modern combat.

According to our source, Call of Duty 4 will be developed by Infinity Ward, the developer behind the first and second installments. The three-way deal established between Infinity Ward, Treyarch, and Activision states that Infinity Ward will develop all even numbered titles while Treyarch develops the odd numbered games, such as Call of Duty 3. Treyarch did develop Call of Duty 2: Big Red One as well, however.

As aforementioned, Call of Duty 4 is said to step away from the war torn locales of World War II, instead focusing on the battlefields of present day. It is unknown if it will take the same path as Electronic Arts’ Battlefield franchise, placing the spotlight on the Middle East.

The source compared Call of Duty 4’s technical achievements to other games saying that while most shooters have two or three critical points on the head, Call of Duty 4 has 16, saying that you can shoot the side of an opponent’s helmet to make it spin on their head, or knock the helmet clean off. Supposedly you will even be able to shoot an enemy’s ear off.

Although Call of Duty’s single player has always been a mainstay of the franchise, the multiplayer is certainly something to write home about. Our source has said that there have been multiplayer bouts with 54 players. PC gamers will be happy to know that they will be able to join the action once again, as Infinity Ward is supposed to be bringing Call of Duty 4 to the PC as well as consoles. Call of Duty 3 is only available on consoles and eventually the PSP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

thats a big jump

how about taking a view on WWI thats still fairly untapped

or maybe vietnam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

1huge1 wrote:
    thats a big jump

or maybe vietnam
    Vietnam I don't think I'd be interested in... But WWI I'd love to see! Was acyually talking about this with a friend the other day. Don't know why there aren't any around...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Vash

WW1 would be very slow and not to much in terms of combat like WWII, remember WW1 was a trench was and was not about the accuracy of bullets or rate of fire, but more about hiding in a trench and shooting back and forth for a while, until one commander see it fit to charge the other trench.

If you dont remember France thought WWII was going to be the same thing, so they built a huge fortification called the Maginot Line, adn the germans took there tanks and drove a great distance around it and destroyed it effortlessly.

So again WW1 would be boring the only thing good about WW1 was the flying part, thats why you only see WW1 flight sims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 iRich

As long as CoD4 retains the basic gameplay and feel of CoD2, then I think it will be a success. Hopefully Activision put some money into supporting the e-sports side of the game, unlike CoD2 where it seems like they couldn't give a toss about the community.
    Treyarch develops the odd numbered games, such as Call of Duty 3

Does this mean we can expect CoD5 to be **** and never grace a pc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

^^ I quiet enjoyed call of duty 3 on the wii actually
    no multiplayer though...

• Advertisement

iRich wrote:
    Does this mean we can expect CoD5 to be **** and never grace a pc?
    Perhaps... Not impossible unfortunately...

1huge1 wrote:
    ^^ I quiet enjoyed call of duty 3 on the wii actually
    no multiplayer though...
    Been playing the Wii here at the Gamecon LAN (I'm still sweating!) and it was fun! We didn't play CoD3 though. Just tennis and bowling (4 players). Had a good laugh! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Mr_Overlord

Been playing the Wii here at the Gamecon LAN (I'm still sweating!) and it was fun! We didn't play CoD3 though. Just tennis and bowling (4 players). Had a good laugh! :D

Penis LOL + Mario FTW!! hahaha! :D

Penis LOL + Mario FTW!! hahaha! :D
    The unbeatable team! :D

You going to Midlans Overlord? You, me & Mason FTW? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

Nah his Missus wont let him go :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

interesting that they've gone away from WW2, in fact i think it's great.

there's only so much WW2 i can take in games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

1huge1 wrote:
    thats a big jump

or maybe vietnam

are there any vietnam based games?

been keeping an eye out but haven't seen any

Dr_MaSoN wrote:
    Nah his Missus wont let him go :D
    For real? God she has him wrapped around her finger... :p

you going Mason? You, me and FranticiRich FTW? :D

Cremo wrote:
    interesting that they've gone away from WW2, in fact i think it's great.

there's only so much WW2 i can take in games.
    I'll miss the WW2 environment personally... And I hope it's not another game based on US vs. Arabs! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

I wanna see jungle warfare like in vietnam coupled with tunnels rats and toe poppers. For god sake Vietnam set the scene for modern warfare. Or what about the Somali scenario when the americans got their asses kicked in the Clinton era. I wanna be in the "Black Hawk Down" situation.

Any games on the current news events such as Afghanistan of Iraq? I realise it takes 2-3 yrs to make a good game but i want to experience real games based on real events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭PhilCurran

TheNog wrote:
    what about the Somali scenario when the americans got their asses kicked in the Clinton era. I wanna be in the "Black Hawk Down" situation.

I'd like to see that too, I loved Delta Force Black Hawk Down, it was s**te but still enjoyable to play in that environment.

I'd like to see a 1980's cold war fictional engagement, along the same lines as operation flashpoint/Red Storm Rising

What do you think?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hmm I dont know if COD will just be the same when it is not set in a WW2 time frame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Black_Venom

Yay, probably set in Iraq or somewhere like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Vash

PhilCurran wrote:
    I'd like to see that too, I loved Delta Force Black Hawk Down, it was s**te but still enjoyable to play in that environment.

I'd like to see a 1980's cold war fictional engagement, along the same lines as operation flashpoint/Red Storm Rising

What do you think?

I believe flashpoint 2 is now out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Probably old news (I'm a bit slow) but just read on Gamespot that something is being released on April 28th. Nobody is saying what, but the main rumour is that it's Call Of Duty 4.

Linky: http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25585488&om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Probably a trailer for it or something :eek:
    I havent heard any concrete details on it yet :rolleyes:

Well they're building it up whatever it is. It's ever so spine-tingly-dingly!

And it's official. COD 4 will be modern combat and the trailer will be shown during the NFL Draft this Saturday 28th. Not much of a surprise, I guess, but sure it's something to see on Saturday :)

Linky: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6169663.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Charlie Oscar Delta...ugh

http://www.charlieoscardelta.com/

Advertisement