Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling car and the VLC

Options
  • 05-02-2007 10:31am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Selling my car - I know what to fill in on the VLC, but does the new buyer take the VLC away once the seller has signed it, or should the seller look after posting the VLC off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Seller's responsibility , or do you want to leave the car in your name and receive parking fines, points etc the new owner may rack up??;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Blue850 wrote:
    Seller's responsibility , or do you want to leave the car in your name and receive parking fines, points etc the new owner may rack up??;)

Well that's what I was thinking. However, would the purchaser not be concerned about the ownership transfer being delayed, or not happening at all?

Not that I would do that of course. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

send it by regged post and give a copy the ref number to the seller so he can chase it up if it goes missing

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Ms Inquisitive

The seller should post the VLC, they'll obviously want to get the owner's name changed on the car asap, you don't want to be accountable for points which the new driver could incur!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Actually this site explains it pretty clearly:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/motoring-1/buying-or-selling-a-vehicle/change_of_ownership

They could make it clearer on the VLC itself though. Just says that it should be sent to blah blah, rather than something like "the seller should then send the completed form to blah blah".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Do cars now only have a Vehicle Registration Cert? Has the Vehicle Licensing Cert been combined onto this?

Advertisement