Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 Games Region Protected

• 05-02-2007 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All -

My Brother-in-law got a 360 for his son from Ebay. He was in my house over the weekend and got a copy of a cars game (you know the lightning McQueen film thing) which we tried in my 360 and it worked fine. When he got home, and put it into his, he got a "Wrong Region for this game" type message. The only thing I can think of is that the 360 he got came from the states. Is there any way of checking what region your xbox is set for? Has anyone heard of this issue before?

cheers,
    tbh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Some 360 games are region protected, some aren't. There are lists somewhere on the net that I can't remember right now detailing which games will work in which regions. Dunno how you'd check what region your 360 is but if it was bought in the US then I'd assume its a US/R1 one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Stephen wrote:
    Some 360 games are region protected, some aren't. There are lists somewhere on the net that I can't remember right now detailing which games will work in which regions. Dunno how you'd check what region your 360 is but if it was bought in the US then I'd assume its a US/R1 one.

Thanks Stephen - I figured it was the same as the PSP in that respect. I'm not sure where he bought it (he's not very technical) so I was mainly wondering if there was any way to check the box so I can warn him in future. My 3-year nephew was inconsolable, if you'll pardon the pun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Just ask him where he bought the 360. If he bought the 360 from an american website then its probably an NTSC console and the game wont work.

GStormcrow wrote:
    Just ask him where he bought the 360. If he bought the 360 from an american website then its probably an NTSC console and the game wont work.

it was ebay. He doesn't even know if it was .ie or .co.uk or .com - you can see what I'm dealing with :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

tbh wrote:
    it was ebay. He doesn't even know if it was .ie or .co.uk or .com - you can see what I'm dealing with :D
    tell him to look up his my-ebay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

an american 360 would have come with the 'wrong' plug - surely that is an easy spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tauren wrote:
    an american 360 would have come with the 'wrong' plug - surely that is an easy spot.
    :D
    good spot

forgot that:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Here is a list of region compatibility for the various games:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html

Tauren wrote:

yeah, I checked that with him, but I think he bought it off a uk seller who was selling it on - so they probably just changed the plug already. But I appreciate the help, and thanks for the list rob.

Advertisement