Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Squeaky Brakes - 00 Clio

Options
  • 05-02-2007 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Recently bought a clio but it has squeaky brakes.
    I took it to my local garage to check it out.
    He said he tweaked the brakes butu there wasn't anything wrong with them.
    This fixed the sqeaky noise for abotu 20 minutes and now it has returned and is even worse than before.
    What may be causing this?
    Or is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

By squeaky, I presume you mean that there is brake squeal usually at lowish speeds. Get a mechanic to take out the pads and put a little copper grease on the backs before reinstalling and you'll be ok for quite a while.

Your mechanic probably just sprayed a bit of WD40or the likes on the backs of the pads and this evaporated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 law

If I take it back to the same mechanic do you think he will charge me to look at them again or should he do it for me anyways since he was ment to sort it already?

Well, he hasn't sorted the problem which from what you say, sounds like he was paid to fix. So....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

What price would one be looking at for just getting that done? My breaks are really getting to me at the moment with the constant squeeling! (at low speeds)

Also if that doesn't solve the problem is it just the pads which need to be replaced and what cost would be involved there? Suppose thats really something i'd like to learn to do myself someday

What price would one be looking at for just getting that done? My breaks are really getting to me at the moment with the constant squeeling! (at low speeds)

Also if that doesn't solve the problem is it just the pads which need to be replaced and what cost would be involved there? Suppose thats really something i'd like to learn to do myself someday

Replacing the pads won't necessarily solve the problem unless you apply the grease SPARINGLY!! to the backs.

The Pads need to be taken out to do this so it's the same labour as changing them. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes per wheel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement