Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia n93 issues

• 05-02-2007 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Just in case anyone is thinking of buying an n93, don't! Here's a list of issues with this phone, that Nokia have no intention of sorting out. Hopefully others won't waste their money like I have :

http://owenkelly.com/2007/02/nokia-n93-problems.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

ned78 wrote:
    Just in case anyone is thinking of buying an n93, don't! Here's a list of issues with this phone, that Nokia have no intention of sorting out. Hopefully others won't waste their money like I have :

http://owenkelly.com/2007/02/nokia-n93-problems.html

I disagree, I had the phone for a while and it was a great phone, the original firmware did have problems, however there were two updates since then, I flashed the phones myself and with the latest firmware it was fine.

Nokia do seem to have problems with their own online firmware update, so probably best to bring to a Nokia service centre who will flash it for free

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭caster

Have this phone too and I must say I think its a great phone!

Photo quality is not the best but I have yet to come across a mobile phone that takes anything the quality of photo that a decent Canon will do.....

Other than that though, in my opinion, it is by far the best smartphone on the market at the moment with a great form factor. That could all change when the N95 arrives though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

skearon wrote:
    I disagree, I had the phone for a while and it was a great phone, the original firmware did have problems, however there were two updates since then, I flashed the phones myself and with the latest firmware it was fine.

Nokia do seem to have problems with their own online firmware update, so probably best to bring to a Nokia service centre who will flash it for free

If you read the post on my blog, you will see that Nokia Service Centres are unable to flash n93s, and Nokia have disabled n93 Firmware upgrades on their own website. It is now an unsupported product, and although hundreds have posted on Nokia's website asking for some sort of update from the Engineers, we've heard nothing whatsoever back.

For the record, the latest firmware still has issues, and they're debated with great gusto on the Nokia Forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

caster wrote:
    Photo quality is not the best but I have yet to come across a mobile phone that takes anything the quality of photo that a decent Canon will do.....

I have a 350d SLR too for professional photography, but I wouldn't dream of comparing a mobile to it. What I'm comparing my n93 to, is my previous n90 - which was only 2 MP, and far exceeded the meagre quality the n93 produces.

Advertisement