Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chamney - possible European medalist & Irish outdoor record???

Options
  • 05-02-2007 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=1027#more-1027

While the indoor record will surely go if he stays healthy, what about Matthews outdoor record in the summer? 1:44.82 is looking like it'll be in danger, he has the strength with close to a 4 minute indoor mile last week. A chance of a medal in the European indoors maybe too. Our strength at 400m seems to be shifting to 800m now too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Chammers is obviously in great shape. He's wintered well, that's for sure. That run on Saturday is the 2nd fastest ever in that arena, which is 352 yards, unbanked.

I think his main aims will be the NCAA championships, indoors and out, so I'd say the Euro indoors are a non-starter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

http://trackshark.com/interviews/2007/thomas_chamney.php

This is funny, I love the line "Athletes should be as outgoing as they want to be. Some are shy, reserved types so they're better off staying at home playing tiddilywinks with Jessie. Some like to get out there and have a laugh and not take it all too seriously. I'd like to think I fall into the second category"

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

There's a link on the bigeast website suggesting it will be possible to watch the Big East Indoors live on bigeast.org
    this weekend. Chamney and Fagan are taking part. Not sure if we've any other athletes competing.

Entries

I saw Breffni Twohig and Richie Yeates, also. I've registered for the live stream. Hopefully, bandwidth won't be a problem.

Tingle wrote:

I see he says he's running the Euro indoors. I'm quite surprised, as this is his final year at ND. He's flying over and back the week before the NCAA indoors. I hope it goes well for him and he doesn't fall between two stools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

Fagan and Chamney took home gold.

Fagan ran 3000m in 8.05.26, a new field house record. The meet record is held by no other than Mark Carroll at 8.01.56, set back in 1995.

Chamney won the 800 in 1.51.76, slightly slower than his own Field House record of 1.49.88 which he set this time last year.

Yeates finished 12 in the 5000m (14.54.98) and Twohig was 7th in the mile (4.54.13).

Advertisement