Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Managemnt fee 2007

Options
  • 05-02-2007 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi has anyone received word on the amount of the management fee for this year and when the first installemnt will come out of our account. We are from the wood and have not received anyhting yet!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 avantarklu

Great News! The duplexes should be getting a reduction of over 50% on last year's fee and the 2 & 3 beds should be getting a reduction of over 30%.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

avantarklu wrote:
    Great News! The duplexes should be getting a reduction of over 50% on last year's fee and the 2 & 3 beds should be getting a reduction of over 30%.

Presumably they will still be taking in at least as much money as last year, so I wonder does that mean that the larger houses are going to get stung to make up for these reductions?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

avantarklu wrote:

What area are you in? I got a statement for my 'half yearly' fee and its working out the same as last year?? I will say my fee was reduced in the 2nd year but only due to the fact that the Court 1&2 were all sold! In saying that I do not have ANY problem with them reducing fees - here's hoping!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sparkle1

That would be great. Still haven't received anything yet. Has anyone else from the Wood?::

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

sparkle1 wrote:
    That would be great. Still haven't received anything yet. Has anyone else from the Wood?::
    Still waiting for the copy of the corrected accounts for last year we were promised at the AGM:mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Has anyone tried emailing the management company for Charlesland Court? O'Farrell.
    I've mailed them twice and have had no response. I've read on previous posts that if a management company is not fulfilling their position its grounds to withhold payment.
    Blocked drain on the central area, street lights that have been out of commission for over 1.5 months, failing to respond to clients....
    Are they fulfilling their function? In my opinion they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

I'm in The Wood and I have yet to receive notification regarding Management Fees for 2007. There were anomolies with the closing figures for 2006 and the amended figures have yet to be sent out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Had a chat with Derek in Wyse this morning...he said they amended the accounts and he is sending a copy to me by post. Also he said they got the costs of the landscapers down and the fees for 2007 will be issued by post at the end of the week. Me is guessing there won't be any increase this year!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Does that mean he's only sending them to you because you asked?

Perhaps he has forgotten his promise to issue them to all residents/owners within two weeks of the AGM?

If and when I receive the updated accounts, I'll scan them up and email to whoever wants them...but only if you actually live in Charlesland Wood!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Mullie wrote:
    Has anyone tried emailing the management company for Charlesland Court? O'Farrell.
    I've mailed them twice and have had no response. I've read on previous posts that if a management company is not fulfilling their position its grounds to withhold payment.
    Blocked drain on the central area, street lights that have been out of commission for over 1.5 months, failing to respond to clients....
    Are they fulfilling their function? In my opinion they're not.

Are you for real??
    They went out of their way to assist me with numerous queries.
    They are the most consumately professional Management company I've ever dealt with in my life. Any time I've contacted them in the past they have answers for me within minutes.
    If you need any help at all, I suggest you contact Denise Hallam.

I have to go now, for some electric shock therapy:rolleyes:

I just spotted a thread where people in the Park have received their management fee letter. Anyone in the Wood got theirs yet?

Still no sign of our bill, despite what some residents have been told by the mgt agents! The delay might have something to do with the fact that, collectively, we have been OVERCHARGED in excess of €50,000! That's €50,000 AFTER accounting for the "Sinking Fund".
    As for the accounts that were supposed to be reissued to all residents, only those who have specifically requested them have received them.

Can someone pass on Derek's e-mail address to me (by PM please!)?

Cheers.

[edit] I got it... Thanks Marcais and Avantarklu. I've sent an e-mail about the accounts, the guttering and the broken streetlights. I'll keep you posted. [/edit]

Vote Mike for President. He'll solve all our problems.

I received a copy of the accounts for the other year, 2005 I think, after I asked for them. Anyhow, I haven't even got a chance to look at them yet. And if we have been overcharged, it'll be interesting to see how much the fee is this year. Also, The Wood and The Court should compare their fees...I know the public liability insurance would differ as the common areas would be different sizes but surely they should be somewhat comparable.

I received the accounts as a .pdf file by e-mail just now and also Derek says they will be posted to everyone early next week.

The lights are being looked at later next week (Thursday probably) and I'm awaiting clarification on the response to the guttering issue.

If I get President, I think Avantarklu should be my Minister for Finance and Astro my Minister for Environment. Plenty can be Minister for Health. I'll assign more cabinet positions later.

Woods figures from 2005 audited accounts (rounded off)

Common Gardening 18,900
    Common Other 6,200
    Common Estate Cont
    (covers Spine road, bus etc) 22,400
    Common Agents Fees 36,000
    Duplex\Apartment Insurance 15,000
    Duplex\Apartment Refuse 16,500
    Duplex\Apartment Other 1,200

Total (excluding sinking fund) 116,200

The service charges that were billed out that year were based on budgeted expenditure of 176,500 - abit off!

The figures for 2006, based on what was said at the agm, will not differ dramatically, maybe 10-15k more. But once again, the service charges that were billed out that year were based on budgeted expenditure of 172,000

Gutters will be done by the new landscaping contractor by my reading of Derek's response. He will include details of the work in the letter that will accompany the accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

Hi Mike!

Can you send me contact detail for Derek. I have problems with gutters as well, that they are spilling onto the sloping roof of the extension and onto the decking. It's dangerous.

Thanks

Thanks for nominating me for Minister for Health.:D

MIKE FOR PRESIDENT! MIKE FOR PRESIDENT!
    MIKE FOR PRESIDENT!

Did they mention when the fee letters are being sent to us at all??? Derek won't respond when i email and i have left messages:mad:

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Derek from Wyse has just emailed me the fees. I am not happy at all. They have given us no refund from overcharges, what caqn we do about this?

duplex

2 bed 931.86
    3 bed 1164.74
    4 bed 1390.15

House

2 bed 411.65
    3 bed 514.47

:mad: :mad:

There's lots we can do.
    There is a clause in our agreements which, if nothing else can legal and legitimately delay payment.
    An extraordinary general meeting can be called by 5% of the residents to challenge the level of fees.
    Based on my calculations, currently levels of expenditure, together with a refund of overcharging, I calculate that the fees for 2007 should be (rounded up):

2 bed house - 260
    3 bed house - 320
    2 bed duplex - 350
    3 bed duplex - 440
    4 bed duplex - 520

A little bit different I think you will agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Im in a 2 bed townhouse in the court, our fee in 351.25 for this year, 411.65seems rather high!!!

Everyone should have received their letter from Wyse yesterday. No mention of the proposed work on the guttering he said would be included in the mail he issued.

Does anyone know the breakdown of the €36,000 Wyse get as managing agents? Given the poor level of service we receive, it would seem to be pretty poor value.

There's no breakdown as such although they did provide us with a nicely bound document explaining what it is they do for us (& what they don't do). But they must be doing something because they are increasing their fee by 5% for 2007.

5% increase is in line with inflation, I suppose.

Unlike the increase in the common fees paid to cover the Shuttle, spine road etc., which is amost FIVE TIMES the current inflation rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Has anybody claimed tax relief on the portion of the fee that is used for refuse collection? I called Wyse today for a breakdown of my charges. Hopefully I will get some money back from the revenue to offset any increase...

I am in the process of doing that too. Will you let me know how much we can claim on?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Is anybody contesting the fees in the wood?
    If it only takes 5% of us then we could get them readjusted to the proper fees. We're paying more than any other estate plus we where over charged last year! Ridiculous!

• Advertisement

Keith, it may well take more than 5% of us, as the developer holds a significant vote.

I understand that the Companies Act is being quoted as the justification for no refund/reduction in fees, which sound like crap to me.

And STILL no sign of the audited accounts. It's getting a little old now.

Advertisement