Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL: Pay per view issue.

Options
  • 05-02-2007 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭

Hi, I posted this in the TV section, but i think it may be more of a consumer issue.... Sorry mod, if you want to merge you can...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055050321

Ok, I didn't buy the premiership plus season ticket this year as i though i might be moving and getting sky etc, so i didn't bother.

So I've ordered only 2 games this season so far. Didn't really want to watch the others really.

Ok so on saturday morning I call NTL to get the Liverpool vs Everton game and the girl on the end of thel line informs me a few minutes later that it will cost €18 (usual price €11)...

I thought it a bit strange and asked why. She then informed me that when 2 "big games" are on in a day that they come in a package, so I'd have to take the deal where i get the Boro vs Arsenal game later in the day as well. I told her that I didn't want the other game and that I didn't agree that the boro vs arsenal game was big and that I just wanted the Liverpool vs Everton game for €11 as I have got in the past.

She then says that it is not possible and that they have been doing this for months. I told her that I ordered the reverse fixture in september and that I didn't have to do the same and that (in my opinion) the game that I had ordered last week (Wigan vs Everton) was a big game and i didn't have to buy another game with it!!!

She basically said that if I didn't buy the 2 game package that I couldn't see the Liverpool vs Everton game...

There has to be some sort of law broken here? I was forced to purchase something that I didn't want!!!!

Anyone have any idea?

Advertisement