Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playback of MPEG Problem

Options
  • 05-02-2007 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine sent me on a video of a recent event we were at and he had video taped it. He sent it to my in MPEG format and I just went to view it on my PC now

I use Real Player to view it but it seems as if the playback is layered. I know the playback is 30 mins or so long, but it shows up only 10 mins. So it will play for 10 mins only. If I click on the playback position bar at different points I seem to access a different layer of the recording.

Am I missing a codec or something? I can't seem to figure out how to view the recording properly.

Hopefully I have the right forum.

Your help would be appreciated. I just thought an MPEG was an MPEG and it would just play.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Wrong forum.

But RealPlayer is a crap player use Media Player Classic + ffdshow* or VLC to play it back.

* On the off chance MPC does not natively support the video codec install ffdshow and you will be able to play it in MPC or Windows Media Player.

VLC is a player with the same codecs that are part of ffdshow built into it but it is not based on Windows directshow codec interface like MPC or WMP so it can be a bit flaky sometimes.

Advertisement