Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"stars" under usernames - what are they about?

Options
  • 05-02-2007 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

I was wondeing why they differ from username to username when the Rep system was done away with a long time ago? Some are red some are plain, why so?

Not having a moan, just curious :)

(do we get cake when we reach 5 stars?)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

the less stars you have, the cooler you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

200px-StarsLogo1.jpg
    The Special Tactics and Rescue Service (S.T.A.R.S.)

the Raccoon Police Department's S.T.A.R.S. unit was founded in 1996 in order to combat the increasing rate of city terrorism and other crimes. The team was formed as part of Mayor Michael Warren's "A Bright 21st Century for Raccoon" campaign funded by the Umbrella Corporation. The team consisted of members with law enforcement, military and civilian backgrounds who specialized in various fields. It was comprised mainly of twelve members with two teams: Alpha Team (led by Albert Wesker) and Bravo Team (led by Enrico Marini).

STARS_GROUP_PIC.PNG

oh or did you mean this ?

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Stars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Thaedydal wrote:

More this

you just want to make us feel important dont ya's?

cruel bastards :(

Thaedydal wrote:

Actually, does that have to be updated? Do 'Users' not obtain 4 stars once they reach somewhere like 10,000 posts?

I've seen a few non-mods/admins/smods/amods/hmods/subscribers with 4 grey stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

What stars?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yep, noticed that as well. Only the few users with over 10, 000 posts and no modship/subscriber status have four blue stars.
    That biki needs updating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

I wonder sometimes why people will post "That needs to be updated", rather than actually updating it.

Must be something to do with psychology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Lol, I should be in for my extra star any day now.

Steveire wrote:
    I wonder sometimes why people will post "That needs to be updated", rather than actually updating it.

Must be something to do with psychology.

Or perhaps it was a question on my part :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Why is there such a big gap between 3 stars for 500 posts and 4 stars for 10000?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

I was referring to Tars point.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Well, I was nearly sure but not. Even if I was;
    I don't update things like that around exam time.

Advertisement