Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem connecting to eircom bb with laptop using wifi

• 05-02-2007 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Can someone help with a problem i am having with connecting a laptop to the eircom wireless bb modem. The laptop is from America which i think is the problem and it is about 1 to 2 years old. I dont know much about laptops and wifi but i think the wifi card inbuilt in the gateway laptop is 801.11b. The wifi is showing up and i cannot connect to the eircom bb modem which shows on the list it asks me to contact network administor. So can anyone know what the problem is. At the moment all lights for internet and dsl are green on box and the modem works with the cable but not wireless. I have installed and reinstalled the cd provided by eircom to connect wireless to the modem to and got new keys but still nothing.
    Thanks
    John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

if there is a padlock symbol on your network (in the list of available wireless networks), then your broadband roupter (the thing plugged into the phone line) is blocking you, you just need to connect a normal network cable and run the eircom install cd, that should help you set it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

jhud wrote:
    The laptop is from America which i think is the problem and it is about 1 to 2 years old.

It's not the problem. I use a US built laptop every day. Just make sure the laptop Wifi settings are set to Europe.
    jhud wrote:
    So can anyone know what the problem is. At the moment all lights for internet and dsl are green on box and the modem works with the cable but not wireless.

There is a WEP key on the wireless modem. You need to access it via the web interface and copy it into the laptop Wifi settings. If you don't know how to do that, the manual should explain it.
    jhud wrote:
    I have installed and reinstalled the cd provided by eircom to connect wireless to the modem to and got new keys but still nothing.

The CD is no use for the laptop, it just contains documentation and a basic wired setup program. It is of no use to you when setting up wireless.

Advertisement