Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't check my download usage!

Options
  • 05-02-2007 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

Hi there folks, hope ye can help me out with this one.

Finally got connected to eircom broadband there last Wednesday and I'm concerned I may have gone a little bit mad downloading in the first few days. :eek: I'm sure many of you did it yourselves when you first got connected so you can see where I'm coming from! ;):D

Anyway, I've been trying to check my download stats through the eircom support site but it seems no matter what format I put my phone number into the checker, it gives me an error saying it can't recognise it! :confused: I've tried putting it into the checker in the format they ask for it and have even tried variations on it to try and get it to work but it's just not doing it.

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems checking their download stats at the moment and if this is a general eircom problem or if it's just me. Or, if you happen to know some other format I'm supposed to put my phone number and account number into the checker in, or if you know some other link or way I can check it, please let me know.

Thanks in advance! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The stats link is usually a bit iffy for the first few days of the month, and sometimes doesn't update the weekends stats properly until Tuesday, in my experience.

Its not showing me anything for February for far at the minute.

The phone number has to be entered 0xx-xxxxx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 maplanois

Aidan_walsh,

My broadband stats stopped updating around the 25th Jan, so I don't know the real download total for Jan. Do you know if yours/everyone else stopped updating on 25th also? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

yes, i am having this problem also. It stopped working a week or so ago..! hopefully it will be back up again soon.

maplanois wrote:
    Aidan_walsh,

My broadband stats stopped updating around the 25th Jan, so I don't know the real download total for Jan. Do you know if yours/everyone else stopped updating on 25th also? Thanks
    That appears to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Use NetLimeter..always gives a good indication of what you've used

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

a download counter which you run locally gives a more accurate picture of download / uploads as there is a 24 hour delay in eircoms stats.

for instance http://www.dumeter.com/scrshots.php

a trial version can be downloaded from here:
    http://dl.hageltech.com/DUMeter-Install.exe allows the creation of reports on actual usage and future projections

Local meters like DUMeter (especially DUMeter, last I used it) installed on anything but the router aren't any use to people who have a LAN network - because it will count packets sent to other computers in the LAN, or who connect other devices like games consoles through the router, because it won't be able to detect their traffic.

Advertisement