Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage conversion - costs?

Options
  • 05-02-2007 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi,
    I'm hoping to convert the garage this year which is attached to the house. The radiator is in and the walls are skimmed.

The only work to be done is to replace the garage door with a window and raise the floor height by a few inches.

What would be the best way of doing this and does anyone know how much it would cost? A neighbour got a contractor to do his for €2800 - does that sound reasonable? I have considered just contacting window suppliers to see if they do it as well.

Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

That sounds very reasonable. THe window I got was 2 metres x 1.6 metres, so about 700 to purchase by builder. Raising a floor - bit of work in that. Add in timber costs, I think 2800 is good if you can get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Just The One

seanmc wrote:
    Hi,
    I'm hoping to convert the garage this year which is attached to the house. The radiator is in and the walls are skimmed.

The only work to be done is to replace the garage door with a window and raise the floor height by a few inches.

What would be the best way of doing this and does anyone know how much it would cost? A neighbour got a contractor to do his for €2800 - does that sound reasonable? I have considered just contacting window suppliers to see if they do it as well.

Any ideas??

have you got a number for that contractor? or what area are you in. I am intestested in getting same job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 seanmc

Just sent you a PM about the details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 redspud

Hi seanmc,
    I know its a while since you discussed this but how did you get on?
    I want to get a similar job done and wondered how you found it all?
    What area are you in and can you send me that builders number?

Ta

Advertisement