Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Exams

Options
  • 05-02-2007 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hi,

I've recently joined a call center supporting various IT systems/ companies. I'm wondering if any MS exams would help me progress up the chain of command - I'm thinking more along the lines of management, than actual IT support. I've several years in the management area - service & retail.

Any suggestions appreciated!

SH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

You'd be better off looking at ITIL or specific management exams than technical ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

In my experience, the best type of managers are the ones who have worked at the coal face and actually know what they are talking about.

However, a good techie does not always make a good manager. If you are thinking of management, go for management, consider the technical stuff a 'nice to have'.

Advertisement