Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What value do you think I should put on my car?

Options
  • 05-02-2007 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Just about to sell the BMW but trying to find a reasonable value to put on it for advertising on Carzone, etc?

Had a look on carzone and for similar age/mileage they seem to be averaging about 6-6.5k.

Mines a '97 523i, metallic paint, climate control, 6 cd, 130k miles, some service history, manual. It has the upgraded OE front angel eyes lights and OE rear celis lights with clear indicators all round plus the M5 grill. 16" alloys with only about 10k miles on all 4 tyres. Dark cloth interior. Most of the suspension arms/bushes have been changed in the last 20-30k miles and the brake pads/fluids all done in that time so it wont need a major service for a few years yet. I have receipts to back all that up and it has about 18 months left on the NCT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Aye....I'd have said about 6 grand off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

is it taxed? IIRC the tax on a 2.5 is around a grand, so it'd affect the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I would start asking €6.5k in a private sale and be happy to take €6k

Or are you trading in? I seem to remember you saw a car you wanted today?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Tax on the 2.5 is €821/year, but people normally will know this in advance before considering buying a car of that size engine.

I'm selling mine private. The car I'm hoping to see is also a Private sale. Its about a 4hr drive away so hoping the owner will meet me some of the way if they can find the time.

Advertisement