Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Specials for Shooters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Anyone buy one of these? The 20-60 x60 and mutlicoated lenses are a plus... but it's hard to know without looking through it.

I can't see what make it is, but I guess it's not a Nikon!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

when are they onsale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm heading down to Aldi in awhile, I'll post here and let you know how I get on.

Oh, "hey guys".. First post here!. Although I shoot, I'm just a browser in this forum.

cool because i'd really love one of these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Vinniew

don't think these are available until Sunday......have booked a pal to go and get me a couple if they're good.In general u get what u pay for in the line of optics anyway.........but the cheapest spotting scope i've seen is e140.00 and the qualit f that was questionable. For that kinda money Aldi are asking u really cant loose.

Vin

• Advertisement

Just back from Aldi's. Looks like its next Sunday.

Mairt wrote:
    Just back from Aldi's. Looks like its next Sunday.

as in Sunday the 11th of Feb 2007 cos i don't want to miss this

Vegeta wrote:
    as in Sunday the 11th of Feb 2007 cos i don't want to miss this

Not slagging off anyone. But from the broken English of the shop assistant that was my understanding of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Yes Sun 11th, ment to post that sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

For that kind of outlay i think its worth the risk. I got a digital camera in Aldi last year and i have to say that its excellent. its no Canon 450 mind, but i can't afford that untill i get the pistol slot in my safe filled.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 passdump

Just keep your receipt and Adli will give a full refund, no questions asked. I got a set of binoculars from either Aldi or Lidl (cant remember which exactly) but for the money they were great (€25ish).

I had bought a cheap set from Argos before but after 5 min viewing with them my eyes became quite strained. I took them back and swore I'd never buy a cheap set of binoculars again...until I saw the set in Aldi (or Lidl!) and took a gamble. They are great. No eye strain and while I know the over all quality cant be as good as a brand named set, they sure suit my needs. I've had them for a couple of years now and they're still going strong.

I think I'll get one of spotting scopes and if it doesn't cut the mustard I'll bring it straight back.

passdump wrote:
    Just keep your receipt and Adli will give a full refund, no questions asked. I got a set of binoculars from either Aldi or Lidl (cant remember which exactly) but for the money they were great (€25ish).

I had bought a cheap set from Argos before but after 5 min viewing with them my eyes became quite strained. I took them back and swore I'd never buy a cheap set of binoculars again...until I saw the set in Aldi (or Lidl!) and took a gamble. They are great. No eye strain and while I know the over all quality cant be as good as a brand named set, they sure suit my needs. I've had them for a couple of years now and they're still going strong.

I think I'll get one of spotting scopes and if it doesn't cut the mustard I'll bring it straight back.

I'm guessing you got the same set of bimo's I did. I bought them in Aldi's (or Lidl's too). A fantastic set IMHO and like your's, mine is still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭benhurt1

They are flying out the door lads! My Bro got one for me in Tallaght ...only 2 left!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Unfortunately, no Aldi in my area, only Lidl. Lidl actually started in my hometown in Germany with the first ever Lidl Shop. Aldi was already around for years before Lidle started.

Best,
    Preusse

Dammit, got there at 1 o'clock and the place was cleaned out!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Fantastic scope for the money folks. Got there early as I've been burnt before, never be late on a special item day! Had a look around on the way home at things from electricity poles, sheep, swans, birds wayyyyyyyy off in the distance, I think it's very good quality (for the money!). It'll be great for range work, a lot less walking from now on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Just back from ALDI. Crikey thought there was going
    to be war out there. There was only a few left when I got there.

Great little bit of Kit. When looking through it stuff is inversed
    like some telescopes writing etc is all mirror imaged and backwards.
    Dunno if thats the norm for spotting scopes as I have never had one.

Only flaw I can see so far is that everthing looks a little dark
    though it considering the objective lens is so big.
    Nice the way its got baffles in the tube to trap any stray
    light. The tripod is a little crap but other than that fantasticvalue for
    money.

~B

bullets wrote:
    Just back from ALDI. Crikey thought there was going
    to be war out there. There was only a few left when I got there.

Great little bit of Kit. When looking through it stuff is inversed
    like some telescopes writing etc is all mirror imaged and backwards.
    Dunno if thats the norm for spotting scopes as I have never had one.

Only flaw I can see so far is that everthing looks a little dark
    though it considering the objective lens is so big.
    Nice the way its got baffles in the tube to trap any stray
    light. The tripod is a little crap but other than that fantasticvalue for
    money.

~B

The objective lens isn't that big. At 20x60 its the same as most bino's at 10x50.

Can the tripod be replaced?.

I'm going to try Aldi in Ballymun shortly, hopefully some of the 'mun head's will start returning them when they realise everything is upside down!.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I must be going mad!!! I thought everything was inversed.
    Now looking at it again it right reading.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

i thought mine was very dark

i'm strongly thinking about giving it back,,
    good 30 left at 2 o'clock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Yeah, missed it myself, Rathmines and Tallaght were all out around 1 today.
    Ah maybe next time. Did get the binoculars before, Meade badged, quite a respected name in the astronomy community....

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭benhurt1

Excellent value for money.....carry bag included and even has a lens cloth!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭johnner1

was up bright and early for this myself infact 2 hours early got there at 10am not realising it was 12 opening so went from tallaght to longmile. got snared into buying fishing tackle i didnt realy need in the market then had to join a que that had formed at aldi well worth it in the end wont be sending mine back thats for sure.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

We finished hunting early for the match so I legged it to Aldi - there was a few left - it's my first spotting scope but it seemed good to me - for such a dull evening it worked fine - I only want it for the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Ah maybe next time. Did get the binoculars before, Meade badged, quite a respected name in the astronomy community....
    Very much so (though more for telescopes than binoculars). If that's the kind of kit Aldi are selling, it's a bloody good buy indeed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Picked up 3, 1 for me and 1 for each of the bro's. There grand, feel a bit cheap but they were €36!!

I took the following pics through it as part of some work im doing setting up a wireless network. Tough to judge focus when your tying to hold your digi cam up to the eye piece but it gives you an idea:

Max Zoom on my digital Cam:
    img4325bv5.th.jpg

Min Zoom on the Scope:
    img4329zd0.th.jpg

Max Zoom on the Scope:
    img4327fu7.th.jpg

Completely forgot my Dad's bday was on Sunday so I had no way of getting to Aldi for one of these.

So I am
    a) sickened
    and
    b) willing to buy it off someone who may have surplus or not want theirs. PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

I got one for me and one on spec, which very quickly found a home. I hav'nt had a chance to give it a decent field trial yet, but for the money you could'nt complain.

Advertisement