Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks?

Options
  • 05-02-2007 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Anyone start their mocks today? I had English one and two, I totally blew one, waffled my way through it. Paper two was gold though :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Mine are tomorrow. Have eng paper 2 and history (awful!!!) They specifically chose the english paper that didn't have Yeats on it. Did yours eh, not have Yeats on it by any chance? Also kingship...they did that with us last week, for Macbeth so..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm shocked and appalled with you CM! We must go in there and fight 'til the end! The paper's question unknown to us! /nervous laughter. I'm screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Frost, Elliot, Kavanagh and Plath :)

Yeah Kingship came up also lol.

Irish tomorrow, I am totally stressing about the essay, HL btw.

Holy crap! That's our paper!!

You know you want to know the questions lol.

Any History 'hints' after tomorrow would totally not be used by me in any way, just leave em lying here....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭glenroe2006

Had the exact same English paper today too. There was an essay on Macbeth and Lady Macbeth similarities and differences on it too. And the treatment of theme essay too. I hear that Slad agus Sléacht ar na mBóithre might be on Irish Paper I tomorrow, that's the word going around my school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

How many different mock papers are there? Does it vary for each subject?
    Also, if anyone has more heads up relating to any exam (especially english and history) please spill the beans. My mocks aren't till after mid-tern :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

bloody 'ell! we dont do our paper till thursday but our teacher gave us a question on kingship at the weekend. suspicious, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

anyone know anythin that might be comin up on history biology chemistry... basically anythin??? im gonna fail!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Starting with art practical tomorrow. Life drawing.

English P1 and French on Thursday. Maths P1 and more art on Friday.

I am so unprepared...

I have a feeling I am getting the same English paper as ye. My teacher gave us a few hints :)

Just one question...was the comparative question difficult? Like...phrased badly? She said it is and I'm scared :(

• Advertisement

Had the exact same English paper today too. There was an essay on Macbeth and Lady Macbeth similarities and differences on it too. And the treatment of theme essay too. I hear that Slad agus Sléacht ar na mBóithre might be on Irish Paper I tomorrow, that's the word going around my school.
    Oh I would cry with happiness if that is true. Yup got the same English as you. Pretty much preparing myself for failure in Irish I tomorrow at this stage :(

I found the comparative alright, something about the effects the theme has on the texts and reading experience.

I could kiss you if that comparative comes up, I'm so so behind on my 3 texts. We've been dropped the following hints for our history: GAA, Facism or Communism, Moon Landing/Civil Rights/Foreign Policy, and Pearse/1916 Rising. However some of them were from a different teacher and the b'tards are probably trying to throw us off. PEOPLE, don't forget that there are many different papers. Depending on this information is pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Spank wrote:
    Frost, Elliot, Kavanagh and Plath :)

Yeah Kingship came up also lol.

thats the same paper that came up for me too. My single text was wuthering heights. About relationships

Yeah true, it's all speculation! But can't hurt to study the tips EXTRA hard ;)

Yeah I know ordinarily it's not dependable....diff companies and shizz...but it fits with our hints....eh, yeah! Terrifed with history tbh.

Was wanting cultural context..now I have to revise key moments..bah!

I'm expecting to scrape a pass in history if at all, so much information...such a tiny brain! Not to mention that, "underline this" doesn't get us very far. We're a joke, our class.

Ahh, but Bourkey's hilarious. The other class are a much bigger joke. She's a better geography techer than history tbh.

Rozabeez wrote:
    I could kiss you if that comparative comes up, I'm so so behind on my 3 texts. We've been dropped the following hints for our history: GAA, Facism or Communism, Moon Landing/Civil Rights/Foreign Policy, and Pearse/1916 Rising. However some of them were from a different teacher and the b'tards are probably trying to throw us off. PEOPLE, don't forget that there are many different papers. Depending on this information is pointless.
    Interesting, do the teachers see the mocks or what? Most of mine are denying it, but my History teacher gave us a handout on Pearse and the rising as we hadn't covered him properly yet....

Yeah they pick them sure. They deny it so you won't badger them.... Pearse and the Rising hmmm? Nudge Nudge, Hint Hint. Spank, you're officially my new friend. ^_^

Ahh, but Bourkey's hilarious. The other class are a much bigger joke. She's a better geography teacher than history tbh.

She's not too bad with French, other than egging the idiots on.

Ah yes, Bourkey.

Let's quote the genius of our class for all.

"Miss are there any Jews left?"

"Sure Rosa Parks shouldn't be on the course, she never did anything."

"I should teach this class..."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 interpolian

great tip offs!, are all the mock papers the same?

NO!!!

Theres 15 of them, but schools would generally only pick 5 to choose from.

Only take in anything on this thread if your hints fit in with it. ie 'No yeats, sudden kingship essay'- you've got the paper mentioned. You're on your own otherwise.

They pick them? Omg I am so having words with my teachers tomorrow :P I figured they just randomly ordered in.

Sudden kingship AND theme essay which I was conveniently out for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

No, that all sounds about right. my history grind said its the GAA as the documents. im doin nation states so thats different but there is a question coming up on pearse for definite. my grind just told me but its really difficult, its something like, how was pearse an irish icon for the easter rising, or something weird. but he said theres a question on Fianna Fail coming up, something on Northern Ireland and i cant remember the last thing he said in that section. plus, id say most of us will get the same paper since he said that this paper was far superior to the other one.

Lol it's all becoming clear now, I must go and re evaluate everything my teachers have been saying to me these past few weeks.

Actually, just study Irish, I'll be sure to let yous know how it goes tomorrow, wink wink.

Good luck folks! I'll return in tears tomorrow, for now I go cram!

Lol that came up in my Irish today :D I love you! In fact, alot of lovely topics came up, pity it wasn't the real thing!

Comprehensions were kind of hard, and the listening was alright but the accents left a lot to be desired.

Maths I and Irish II tomorrow, will probably be the worst day of the mocks for me :( Heard Urchill an Chreagain might be on it though :/ Going to sleep for an hour to avoid dying, but then study study study study. Hope everyone did ok today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭glenroe2006

Spank wrote:
    Lol that came up in my Irish today :D I love you! In fact, alot of lovely topics came up, pity it wasn't the real thing!

Comprehensions were kind of hard, and the listening was alright but the accents left a lot to be desired.

Maths I and Irish II tomorrow, will probably be the worst day of the mocks for me :( Heard Urchill an Chreagain might be on it though :/ Going to sleep for an hour to avoid dying, but then study study study study. Hope everyone did ok today :)

Just realised I said sléacht ar an mbóithre, but really there should be no 'm' there. Embarrassing. I heard Urchill too, Lig Sinn i gCathú aswell. I was sooo glad to see the road accident essay come up. It was all I had prepared. The comprehensions were dodgy. I had Maths I today. It was alright, completely blanked on Part (b) of the Integration question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

What wer d short story titles like for English Paper one? Just did maths today, thought it was ok.

Advertisement