Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭glenroe2006

Here are all of the Compositions from the English Paper I we got:

1. "The Irish are more tolerant..."
    Write a personal essay in response to the above statement

2. "...devouring advice on healthy lifestyle options."
    Write an article for a magazine in which you give the readers adbice on healthy lifestyle options.

3. "...fretting about..."
    Write a speech (serious or light-hearted) in which you address a group of students in your school on the things in life that worry you.

4. "The thought...was unbearable."
    Write a short story suggested by the above title.

5. "We see ourselves as keepers of...arts, culture and tradition."
    Write a personal essay in which you discuss your views on the importance of culture and tradition in today's world.

6. "Personal trainers, club culture, Gucci handbags, Starbucks coffee..."
    Write an article for publication in a serious newspaper or journal in which you draw attention to the dangers of consumerism.

7. Short story from images in TEXT 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Woo, me and Rozabeez got that english paper 2 with the kingship/theme and stuff. That was sweet, but my unseen's isn't long enough.

History- was okay, the GAA question was dodgy, and the essays I picked were pearse, propaganda under the nazis and civil rights and martin luther king. Hand is THROBBING!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Write an article for a magazine in which you give the readers adbice on healthy lifestyle options.

Write a speech (serious or light-hearted) in which you address a group of students in your school on the things in life that worry you.

Write a personal essay in which you discuss your views on the importance of culture and tradition in today's world.

Write an article for publication in a serious newspaper or journal in which you draw attention to the dangers of consumerism.

Anyone done this paper and also done paper 2 aswell???

Cause if you have! do me the favour and divulge! q's on Macbeth/poetry!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Woo, me and Rozabeez got that english paper 2 with the kingship/theme and stuff. That was sweet, but my unseen's isn't long enough.

History- was okay, the GAA question was dodgy, and the essays I picked were pearse, propaganda under the nazis and civil rights and martin luther king. Hand is THROBBING!
    Ugh what kind of GAA :/ Me not like the sound of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

has anyone done the history of art exam yet? im so screwed!!:( oh and thanks for the english tips:D

• Advertisement

Spank wrote:
    Ugh what kind of GAA :/ Me not like the sound of that.

The picture one, it's like tiny illustrations of hurling, and you have to say what evidence there is of rules....bit of a weird question. And it's hard to figure out..

The rest are alright though, harder than the stuff in the papers, and the contextualisation question is to do with politics in the GAA.

The Pearse question is very weirdly phrased...nationalist icon? Why not just his role in the Rising, why??

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Anyone who's done this paper and done paper 2 know what poets are comming up? i.e. between Plath, Yeats, Bishop and Kavanagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Yup that was my english paper! I found it okay. Had Irish paper one today essays were good, did one on the sléacht ar na bóithre before! hooray! The teip was dodgy though.
    Oh my god corruptedmorals thank you so much for the history tips I have been dreading that exam all week! Seriously thank you. I luckily had essays done on them already!

Hear are some irish paper2 tips
    Bímse buan ar buairt gach ló (compulsary)
    Jack or Faoiseamh a gheobhsadh
    Uircheall An Chreagain or Maigdealeana

Stair = Bealoideas

They are the DEB papers
    Hope that helps

Yup that was my english paper! I found it okay. Had Irish paper one today essays were good, did one on the sléacht ar na bóithre before! hooray! The teip was dodgy though.
    Oh my god corruptedmorals thank you so much for the history tips I have been dreading that exam all week! Seriously thank you. I luckily had essays done on them already!

Hear are some irish paper2 tips
    Bímse buan ar buairt gach ló (compulsary)
    Jack or Faoiseamh a gheobhsadh
    Uircheall An Chreagain or Maigdealeana

Stair = Bealoideas

They are the DEB papers
    Hope that helps
    I agree, the tape was terrible lol.

You done paper 2 yet? Tomorrow for me, I'd be happy to see Urchill on it!

Oh and nick, I think it was Plath, Frost, Kavanagh and Elliot.

Incase anyone wants some tips for business these are a few things which come up in my exam:

Know break even charts & benefits of a marketing plan
    roles of a human resource department
    maslows hierarchy for a section 1 question
    benefits of good industrial relations
    management of household and business 2 similarities and 2 differences
    social responsibilities

• Advertisement

Spank wrote:
    I agree, the tape was terrible lol.

You done paper 2 yet? Tomorrow for me, I'd be happy to see Urchill on it!

Oh and nick, I think it was Plath, Frost, Kavanagh and Elliot.

Cheers just saw the other post there! U have the paper 1 with all the above essay titles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭glenroe2006

Any more on Irish Paper II? I'm DESPERATE.

(Edit: Found the other thread. Hope that its the same as what I'm gonna get!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Chimpanzee-that

Anyone got any more business hints?

My exam is tomorrow and im fairly unprepared.
    It would help if i didnt have to be up all night learning everything form scratch.

The match is on and that... :(

AAGGHHHH!!!! had irish paper 2 today! so sickening! Uircheall an Chreagain or Dan do Mhelissa came up if that helps Maigdealana didn't come u I was so sickened!!

Anyone know what is coming up in french or biology in the DEB papers?

AAGGHHHH!!!! had irish paper 2 today! so sickening! Uircheall an Chreagain or Dan do Mhelissa came up if that helps Maigdealana didn't come u I was so sickened!!

Anyone know what is coming up in french or biology in the DEB papers?
    The Lig Sin I gCathu question was terrible, struggled to get a page out of it, crap paper, although Urchill was alright I suppose.

Anyone got any more business hints?

My exam is tomorrow and im fairly unprepared.
    It would help if i didnt have to be up all night learning everything form scratch.

The match is on and that... :(

From what i remember the following questions were on my exam:

benefits of a marketing plan
    advantages of market research
    advantage of total quality management
    four remedies to breach of a contract
    bits on expansion
    benefits to ireland of TNCs and indigenous firms

Thats bout all i can remember sorry!

can any1 give me a run thru of what they got for the mocks in english. im so screwed. particularly for macbeth!!!

The exact paper came up as mentioned on the first page! wish i'd taken it seriously now:eek:

After that 3hr 20mins of writing i have to go now and do 2.5hrs of higher maths:(

Just done as bad on Maths paper 1 as is possible..

Rekon out of 300 i got about 50 marks .. all attempt marks

Didnt manage to get one part right.

Me too maths paper 2 was a sickener, i hope i passed it and i usualy get As in maths!
    HAd history 2day. GAA came up...(thank god) Dictatership questions were good (propaganda, church state relations) but the Division and realignment ones were terrible (2nd Vatican council and Vichy State)

Did okay doh French tomorrow anyone got any hints for de DEB papers???
    Desperate here
    Thanks!

• Advertisement

Just done as bad on Maths paper 1 as is possible..

Rekon out of 300 i got about 50 marks .. all attempt marks

Didnt manage to get one part right.
    Ah well, at least it's only the mocks.

I only dropped to ordinary after christmas, and still felt that way yesterday after Paper I, didn't bother proper study. Hopefully paper 2 will bring me up :/

can any1 give me a run thru of what they got for the mocks in english. im so screwed. particularly for macbeth!!!

DEB papers. (Or you actually are screwed).

Paper 1-Theme-Lifestyles- First comp- greedy Ireland, unhealthy/fat nation blah blah blah. Question B on it is a letter to the editor

Second comp- modern life of a geisha (nearly died, it's my hist topic). questions were quite hard, so i avoided it..and i disagreed with it :). Question B on it was 'You've been asked by your guidance counseller to give a talk on a job you love (something like that)'

Third comp- visuals, various pictures of different lifestyles...celebrity, criminal, the goof life, cosmpolitan etc. Never looked at the questions, but did the question B on it. 'Write a detailed diary entry of ONE of the people in the pictures opposite'. Picture os someone in jail. SO easy.

Essays- Eh, something on materialism in our society, an article on the importance ofarts and tradition, speech on worries in your life...short story inspired by one of the images, etc.

Paper 2-Macbeth- Differences and similarities between Macbeth and Lady Macbeth OR Kingship. Kingship is actually easy, good kings duncan/malcolm, bad king Macbeth etc.

Comparative- how did the treatment of a theme add to the reading experience? didn't read general vision.

Poetry- Eliot, Plath, Kavanagh, Frost.

Unseen- 'After a Reading', the differences between ordinary life and the life of a poet, basically.

thank you so much...im just praying to god that the DEB papers will come up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 *richeal*

Hi, has ne 1 got ne tips on d DEB chem papers..?? :confused:
    Thanks..

Me too maths paper 2 was a sickener, i hope i passed it and i usualy get As in maths!
    HAd history 2day. GAA came up...(thank god) Dictatership questions were good (propaganda, church state relations) but the Division and realignment ones were terrible (2nd Vatican council and Vichy State)

Did okay doh French tomorrow anyone got any hints for de DEB papers???
    Desperate here
    Thanks!

What kind of stuff came up on your paper? Any proofs i should know particularly well?

Btw any need to know what kind of stuff's on the construction studies paper?

This is pass maths.

Most of Area + Volume was okay except for the last part which was the fustrum of a candle. The teachers were saying it was too hard!

Trigonometry was okay and statistics was okay

evrything else was sickening!

In paper 1 diffrenciation came up in nearly every question!

This is pass maths.

Most of Area + Volume was okay except for the last part which was the fustrum of a candle. The teachers were saying it was too hard!

Trigonometry was okay and statistics was okay

evrything else was sickening!

In paper 1 diffrenciation came up in nearly every question!
    Omg I spent about 30 minutes on that last bit of the candle q, how was it done!?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Our Maths teacher put that very question on the board the other day because he said it was the most difficult question on it. Now I know that I'll be getting the same paper as you. Any further hints? My Paper I was bad. Real bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭tyther

7. Short story from images in TEXT 3.[/QUOTE/]

my teacher gave those essays to do for home work last week.what else came up on that paper

• Advertisement

^ Read my post above, it has paper 2 as well.

Had pass maths paper 1 today. Fookin' calculus everywhere. nailed question 1, question 3 and question 8 though. My part C's were messed up in the rest though...

Advertisement