Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

400 new houses on Condell Road/Clonmacken ?

Options
  • 05-02-2007 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Check it out - (think its been mentioned here before) an application for over 400 new houses on the Condell Road, near Clonmacken :eek:

http://www.lcc.ie/ePlan/InternetEnquiry/rpt_ViewApplicDetails.asp?validFileNum=1&app_num_file=0792

http://www.lcc.ie/idocsweb/djvu.aspx?file=229393.djvu

construction of 290 semi-detached houses, 27 detached houses, 40 town houses, 28 duplex town houses at first floor over 28 no. ground floor apartment units. This application also provides for the modification of part of the existing walkway along the western side of the Condell Road and for provision of a park in association with Limk. Co.Co. including the provisions of part of a public walkway along the banks of the River Shannon. This also includes the provision of a front entrance, all associated site works and site development works

Interesting that it mentions "modification of part of the existing walkway long the western side of the Condell Road and for provision of a park in association with Limk. Co.Co. including the provisions of part of a public walkway along the banks of the River Shannon"

Traffic was backed up to Coonagh roundabout before 8am this morning, :mad: it will be a disaster with these proposed houses thrown in - even with the new Tunnel/Toll Road.

I believe planning has already been granted for "road widening on the N18 and construction of roundabout access, with associated site works " , see drawing here - http://www.lcc.ie/idocsweb/djvu.aspx?file=111191.djvu

Was there any mention of this in the Leader or the Post recently ?

Is 400+ houses a bit OTT, who will be living in them, + will the North side of the city need more schools etc?

With the Coonagh Cross shopping Centre going in as well will the Condell Road become the traffic blackspot like the Childers Road ?

What effect will this have on the wildlife in the area?

If the developer is providing a park in association with Limk. Co.Co then is this application just a formality?

..... discuss

edit - You may need to download the DjVu Browser Plug-in for Windows to view the images on the County Council links above. The DjVu Browser Plug-in is the primary means of viewing DjVu documents. It runs inside most modern browsers including IE, Firefox and Safari.
    http://www.lizardtech.com/download/dl_download.php?detail=doc_djvu_plugin&platform=win

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I live in Clonmacken, this has been planned for years. All the land has been sold around here. Developers tried to buy our bit of land which my house is on (blue house you can see from Condell Road) My dad told them to fcuk off :) all the fields around my house are sold, thats where the houses are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'll be lodging a compliant on traffic grounds....I would urge anyone else who lives within a 4 mile radius to do so on the same grounds!!!!

In fact, 3 candidates for the general election recently cam out aginst such developments, more particularly in leafy subarbs (NCR, SCR, Ennis Rd) but I'm sur a massive campaign could be mounted against this. It's ludicrous!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

ninty9er wrote:
    I'll be lodging a compliant on traffic grounds....I would urge anyone else who lives within a 4 mile radius to do so on the same grounds!!!!
    Think I'll do the same - the "school-runs" by parents from these 400+ houses from 8am onwards driving their kids to nearby schools (Salesians, JFK, ArdScoil Ris, Villiers) will add to traffic congestion on the Condell Road, the 'quickest'/only route for them. The new toll/tunnel road may take some traffic off Condell Road but it won't alleviate this new school-run traffic.

info here on making an compliant/objection Anyone know what is being built off the Condell Road in between Knockhill and Na Piarsaigh ?" rel="nofollow">http://www.lcc.ie/Planning/Frequently_Asked_Questions/ submission has to be in by mid February I think

some more random points/rants:

- There is no public bus service on that stretch of the Condell Road, nearest Bus stop is at Ivans. They will have to put a pedestrian crossing in somewhere outside the proposed estate, as well as the new roundabout, more stop-start for the traffic.

- add in around 80 new houses in Knocklyon, the North side is getting busier.

- Traffic is already bad in the evenings. Ennis Road is a disaster, with 2 new sets of traffic lights from the Jetland Centre and Hilton slowing things up.

- I'm all for development on the Northside of City, give some young people from that side of town the chance buy+live there, but 400+ houses is too much. Wonder what they'll cost, Knocklyon prices - €343,000 for 3 Bedroom terraced House , 4 Bed Town House from €328,000 ?

- When if ever will we see the proposed Park completed, developers often paint a rosy picture of estates at the planning stage, all leafy trees and nicely manicured green areas, but it doesn't always turn out like that :(

Anyone know what is being built off the Condell Road in between Knockhill and Na Piarsaigh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

rok wrote:
    Think I'll do the same - the "school-runs" by parents from these 400+ houses from 8am onwards driving their kids to nearby schools (Salesians, JFK, ArdScoil Ris, Villiers) will add to traffic congestion on the Condell Road, the 'quickest'/only route for them. The new toll/tunnel road may take some traffic off Condell Road but it won't alleviate this new school-run traffic.

info here on making an compliant/objection Anyone know what is being built off the Condell Road in between Knockhill and Na Piarsaigh ?" rel="nofollow">http://www.lcc.ie/Planning/Frequently_Asked_Questions/ submission has to be in by mid February I think

some more random points/rants:

- There is no public bus service on that stretch of the Condell Road, nearest Bus stop is at Ivans. They will have to put a pedestrian crossing in somewhere outside the proposed estate, as well as the new roundabout, more stop-start for the traffic.

- add in around 80 new houses in Knocklyon, the North side is getting busier.

- Traffic is already bad in the evenings. Ennis Road is a disaster, with 2 new sets of traffic lights from the Jetland Centre and Hilton slowing things up.

- I'm all for development on the Northside of City, give some young people from that side of town the chance buy+live there, but 400+ houses is too much. Wonder what they'll cost, Knocklyon prices - €343,000 for 3 Bedroom terraced House , 4 Bed Town House from €328,000 ?

- When if ever will we see the proposed Park completed, developers often paint a rosy picture of estates at the planning stage, all leafy trees and nicely manicured green areas, but it doesn't always turn out like that :(

Anyone know what is being built off the Condell Road in between Knockhill and Na Piarsaigh ?

Hey Rok man, the people of Clonmacken have been objecting to his development for the past 5-10 years or so. It was only going to be a matter of time until it went ahead. Developers came to my house and most houses around here with prints of where will the houses be etc. i have them around here somewhere, if i can find them ill scan them and put them up. All i remember is that there will be a new roundabout on the Condell Road.

• Advertisement

I've flagged this with a local TD today and he says he's worked with the resiedents on it and hasn't given up yet. Living on the Northside with young kids he can see both sides, but duplexes aren't buggy friendly and he 100% agreed with me in suggesting that there should be a legal ban on building a residential dwelling with less than 3 bedrooms, be it an apartment, duplex, detached or semi

Advertisement