Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

:(, my account is unusable

Options
  • 05-02-2007 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Sorry about the duplicate account(although I like the username).

My proper account is krazy_8s, I tried to change my email address and now my account is un-usable. I cant post or start new threads anywhere. I know a confirmation mail was supposed to be sent to me but I didn't get one and the spam filter is showing a nil.

Also if I subscribe could I get my name changed to this one? I think it inspires fear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Haha Kenny, how the feck are ya? Check that Postini didn't do something weird with the mail.

Probably best to merge the two accounts, then you get to keep all your posts and your new name (I agree it's better). Subscribing would be good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

The email address on the account is presumably your employers, is it possible that they have an email filter similar to websense looking for certain keywords and simply blocking the mail?

Anyhow I have resent the activation codes, If they do not get through, I will email you directly to confirm your identity or alternatively if Seamus can vouch for you:) I can simply re-enable your account.

V.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I can definitely vouch for him, same employer :)

We have email filtering solution in place (Postini), but as I don't use my work account for boards stuff, I couldn't tell you if it blocks boards mails.

Seamus, I misssed your "postini" comment in your first post, I will set the account to registered user, so Karzy_8 should be able to log in.

It would be interesting to know if the second mail make it through sucessfully.

V.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SirCuddlesworth

Second mail went through, don't understand why I cant post here with krazy_8s but its not that important.

Hmm, I will find out who you are Seamus. Right after I do my 49 calls.

As for subscribing, I need a cc first.

Edit; Forgot to add a "thank you"!

• Advertisement

In Help Desk - only the OP, Smods and Admins can reply to topics. As long as you can post on other forums, things are good.

V.

Advertisement