Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with vodafone 3G modem

• 05-02-2007 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi. I just recently purchased a Vodafone 3G Modem but I am having problems when trying to access sites with video content (for example youtube.) The picture and sound keep freezing when i try to view the video content and sometimes there is no picture just the audio.

Is anyone having similar problems and know why this is? Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Sounds like your connection, TBH. Any radio connection, such as 3G is 'bursty' in nature, meaning it isn't always a consistent connection like DSL, for example.

So what I would guess is happening is that you are connecting, it is downloading a piece of the video, losing connection, playing a piece of video and reconnecting, downloading and so on.

How strong is your signal?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Their network is saturated, they have sold more 3G modems than they can actually handle at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pmurf

My signal is usually at full strength or at least almost. Also i realised that at night (after 11pm), the speeds are greatly improved and i have no problems aceessing video content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ring Vodafone and check network coverage in your area. Pause the youtube videos when they load and let them buffer first before pressing play.

Advertisement