Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVC being sold as leather

Options
  • 05-02-2007 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Bought a table and chairs recently from Dublin shop (JL’s) , the chairs where described to us by sales people as “leather” but when they arrived the tag on the bottom of the chair said PVC. Asked the store and they tried to say it was a "blend of leather & PVC" but it’s just PVC. They offered to swap the chairs but when we enquired all there “leather” chairs are “Faux Leather” which is just PVC as far I can tell. I forwarded a complaint to director of consumer affairs. Anyone else have experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Land of Leather do something similar - A lot of their stuff is "Leather Match" i.e. the seating is Leather but the back for example is this stuff which is likely PVC. However they are up-front about it and don't lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

You have to watch the way they word their descriptions of the Leather.

They have this new term "Faux Leather". Most people would think leather is leather but Faux leather is mostly PVC crap!

Advertisement