Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cosmetic Dentistry

• 05-02-2007 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm 26 and thinking of getting braces (again). I had them when I was 17 from the Health Board, and am not particularly happy with the job they did. My teeth are straight, but my smile is very narrow (you can only really see my front 6 teeth!) - and I'd love to get it sorted, since I've got nice white teeth, and I want to make the most of my smile.

Has anyone had anything similar done? And how long did it take? Is it going to cost me a fortune? And any recommendations of orthodontists in the City centre/south side?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ropitomi

let's try hungary dental consultations in dublin center, than fly to budapest just one time...
    r.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

ropitomi wrote:
    let's try hungary dental consultations in dublin center, than fly to budapest just one time...
    r.

and how do you straighten teeth 'just one time'when it takes months /years and numerous visits to straighten them? there are alot of dangerous full mouth crownwork with overpreperation done in eastern europe to straigten a few crooked teeth. this work is unnecessary and causes in excess of 200000 euro of damage to be repaired over a lifetime and even that is conservative estimate. with no legal recourse.

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

ropitomi wrote:
    r.

How you're continually allowed to spam is beyond me. Ridiculous. Beat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Looks like an old post dragged up "05-02-2007, 18:50" by the Romanian Spam Machine.

Perhaps I could make some use out of it and ask a question to lomb or Big_G.

Its quite similar to the OP question.

I'll begin by saying as a child I had terrible teeth, too many sweets, not enough brushing. I think I have 6 or 7 mercury fillings.

My top row of teeth and straight, my bottom row are in a bit of mess with some teeth overlaping each other. I also have a white crown on my front tooth which seems quite thin to me, Im always very aware of how thin it is.

I drink lots of Coffee at least two cups a day Im also quite fond of red wine so my teeth aren't gleming pearly white but they aren't yellow either they are just normal I sippose. I brush twice a day Morning \ Evening

What I would like to know is do you think its too late to get braces? (30) for them to be any good. Even if I did get braces I think I would have to have two of my front teeth pulled to begin the process, which is why my last dentist thought I shouldn't bother.

It doesn't bother me that much I suppose I think that Im just becoming more and more vain that my teeth don't look as good as other peoples.

Anyway what do you think are my options at this point, would it be worth my while seeing a orthodontist (Braces Dentist)? or since I have no real actual problem should I see a cosmetic dentist who could perhaps check everything is good and then make my teeth white?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

I know of people well into their 50's who have gotten braces. If you really want to consider it, go to your dentist and ask them to refer you to an orthodontist. They should oblige. It's no harm getting a consultation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

^ What Big G said.

A consultation with a orthodontist is usually between 75 and 100 euro and you'll get a lot of info. Price quote, length of treatment and any other questions you might have.

If your teeth are badly stained you can get them bleached. It can be pricey depending on where you go though. €600 +

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Thanks Guys, Ill give that a go.

By chance can you recommend me a Orthodontist in Dublin? (Hope this is allowed) I dont have a dentist up here, so I dont know if a referance would be much good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

ropitomi banned from dental issues for being a spammer...I am getting a lot of spam PM and on this forum....please people beware for these guys....they are advertising agressivly in ireland and getting dental work from such people can have major long term implications for you and you alone. Buyer Beware

Advertisement