Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SU Sabbatical Elections

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Blush_01 wrote:
    It's true Conor. Deal with it.

Well thats grand for me because I'm supporting Viv Rath for the position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

That's a pity, he would've been a great guy for the job, I wonder if it's because of the placements issue?

That's a pity, he would've been a great guy for the job, I wonder if it's because of the placements issue?

Probably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Chakar wrote:
    Probably
    I would have thought that after you got caught out when Kaptain Redeye reseigned, you would have learned not to speculate on people's reasons. Byrne knows about boards, and has many friends who post on boards, if he wants to tell us he will tell us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Yes Colm dropped out. He had his reasons and it's up to him if he wants to divulge them. As his campaign manager obviously I am disappointed, as he was himself but that's just the way life goes sometimes. Best of luck to the other candidates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

johnf&#225 wrote: »
    Yea Mallon was in Clongowes
    Thats it, I'm voting Mallon

Chakar wrote:
    Probably
    Shows how insanely little you know about a tough course Conor. I put it down to the fact he wouldn't be able to take such time as is needed off. Remember the way 4th year was a doss in secondary school and then we went into 5th year and there was just so much work. Now multiply that by 50 and you should be somewhere in the region of how tough it would be on Colm or on any person in medicine, vet, eng... the list goes on. Hence the reason why I think so few people run. Sure I'd say Panda would say much the same as to why she didn't run

Not only that but you would be losing soooo many friends. At least in engineering you'd still see them around the building but with placement and that.

And anyway, Colms an old man. By the time he finishes he'll be like Pierce :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

So when are these elections on anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

February 27th and 28th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

So which posters are on campaign teams (think its a little more relavent than being a class rep)?

• Advertisement

None, would have been on Byrnes had I been in the country and so forth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I'm going to actually suggest to the mods that they ask people to post campaign affiliations on the SU thread before this goes any further?

Fair point alright there ss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Like zane I'll be campaigning for Ron.
    104058446_43fa7f8a1b_o.jpg
    The only man for the job :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

So is your count night on the 28th? heh, so this year the UCD sabbats and Trinity sabbats will be elected nearly concurrently :D

&#231 wrote: »
    So is your count night on the 28th? heh, so this year the UCD sabbats and Trinity sabbats will be elected nearly concurrently :D
    Nah, we don't do count nights since there was violence at them 3 years ago, it'll be the morning and afternoon of Thursday the 1st now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Nah, we don't do count nights since there was violence at them 3 years ago,

Haha that does sound funny! Wasnt that venusinfurs who instigated the 'violence'?

Aw, that's a pity. Splitting it up adds an additional bit of tension. Count night is always great fun (but I can see why fights might break out).

Nah, we don't do count nights since there was violence at them 3 years ago, it'll be the morning and afternoon of Thursday the 1st now.

lol. violence over SU elections. what a bunch of morons :eek:

I'd personally love a nighttime count but the problem at the time was finding staff who hadn't been working at polling stations all day too, and because it was an evening thing and everyone was in relaxation mode, there ended up being a buttload of alcohol in the place. Tension + much alcohol = probably not the safest thing ever, hence no more evening counts.

• Advertisement

We've had ours in the Earl of Kildare (oddly enough on Kildare Street) for years and years. Set up is grand because only the candidates and one person is allowed up to the count room, while everyone else remains at the bar (of which there are two). If a fight happens, the bouncers step in.

Aaah. You'd want to see ours, it's like a real public election, counting done in the Astra Hall in the Student Centre (starting 10am this day week, btw, and all are welcome...), very very similar to a general or local election count in a town hall or somewhere. Really enjoyable stuff actually; I really had a great day last year despite being manager of a candidate that got completely whooped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

You hold the count before the election?

You hold the count before the election?
    This day two weeks, rather.

/gets way ahead of himself

gubbie wrote:
    Shows how insanely little you know about a tough course Conor. I put it down to the fact he wouldn't be able to take such time as is needed off. Remember the way 4th year was a doss in secondary school and then we went into 5th year and there was just so much work. Now multiply that by 50 and you should be somewhere in the region of how tough it would be on Colm or on any person in medicine, vet, eng... the list goes on. Hence the reason why I think so few people run. Sure I'd say Panda would say much the same as to why she didn't run

Not only that but you would be losing soooo many friends. At least in engineering you'd still see them around the building but with placement and that.

And anyway, Colms an old man. By the time he finishes he'll be like Pierce :D

And you surmised that by one word.

*wonders if someone choking to death on their own foot would get a nomination for a Darwin award.

humbert wrote:
    Like zane I'll be campaigning for Ron.
    104058446_43fa7f8a1b_o.jpg
    The only man for the job :)
    Ditto

They'll be lucky to get me into the polling booth let alone to vote for them.

panda100 wrote:
    Haha that does sound funny! Wasnt that venusinfurs who instigated the 'violence'?
    What happened??

At the Executive elections count last year, VenusinFurs was trying to antagonise Paul Lynam.It was hilarious!

• Advertisement

Chakar wrote:
    At the Executive elections count last year, VenusinFurs was trying to antagonise Paul Lynam.It was hilarious!
    At the exec elections last year there was a lot of beer floating around

Advertisement