Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for good Press Release / Article system

Options
  • 05-02-2007 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking for a reliable/secure PHP/MySQL (or Perl if needs be) off the shelf system than can be integrated into a static site. Easy layout/template modification (i.e. upgrades can be applied without having to fiddle with layouts again) and not (overly) branded by developer...

Anyone used a system they would recommend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

Wordpress?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

thanks but a bit too broad/bloggy for my needs, was looking for something a bit more focused such as this one google trew up Article Manager - but hoping to get someone recommend one they have found works well

cheers anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

i've heard very good things about word press.
    i also know of a few news sites that have used WordPress.

It's only bloggy if you make it bloggy

On the other hand that Article Manager you showed looks like it would do the job nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

true, wordpress can be a good choice (have set it up before) but it's not a good fit for this particular project. thanks anyhow :)

anyone else integrated a dynamic press section into a static site what to share experience / make a recommendation on the system they used?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I found b2evolution good enough myself...you should try it and see..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Have you had a look through hotscripts.com or php.resourceindex.com?
    Some great scripts etc on those but might take a bit of trial and error

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Coranto is pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Our news / pr system is wordpress powered - http://www.hosting365.com/news/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

i have just downloaded sNews and will be testing it soon. Looks like a simple script that can be integrated easily on existing websites.

Mart

Advertisement