Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messed Up Bigtime Eng 1

Options
  • 05-02-2007 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

ok doing eng paper one i wrote on celebrity life but done an essay instead of short story... will i lose the complete 100 marks (mocks)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I did mine on prison life. Had the same paper :P Wasn't it write a detailed diary account of the life of one of those people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Doubt you'll lose ALL of the marks, don't worry about it at least it's not the real thing. Many of my friends wrote about poems by different poets in their poetry question, now that's careless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

You'll be marked out of 60 rather than 100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 miabella

hey that nearly happened to me!i had a brill essay prepared on celebrities but just noticed it was a short story after i had a plan done out..My advice keep reading the question and underline key words.

To the person who did the prison diary entry..that was a question B, not a composition question! so ur fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Nehpets wrote:
    I did mine on prison life. Had the same paper :P Wasn't it write a detailed diary account of the life of one of those people?

That was question B. I did that too, so easy! I did the speech on worries for the composition:D

As JC2K3 said, you'll be marked out of 60. Basically, they'll penalise you for not comprehending what was asked, but they'll still do you the honour of reading and marking it.

On a side note, I nearly died when I opened that paper and saw geisha. They're my history topic!! But the questions were tough and I disagreed with the article so I ignored it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

I have a question.

I was reading through the English exam papers.

For the comparative, do you have to know theme or issue, or cultural context or both?

The course this year is general vision, theme and cultural context. Two show, so if you've done two, learn them and if you've done them all, learn your best 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

So you must answer two of the three ?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Hey at least you didn't mess up in the leaving cert!!:D

So you must answer two of the three ?

No, answer one. But if you only learn cultural context, theme and general vision could show up instead..that's what I meant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement