Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gah, Nightmare!!

• 05-02-2007 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

Ordered an N73 on thursday evening on Komplett. Said there was 25-29 in stock (I want the white/red one). No word from them on the item being sent out, so I checked my account and the order was nowhere to be found! Input the order number and I'm told the order has been cancelled.

They're out of the phone and are currently awaiting a supply date from the suppliers :( Now I'm prolly gonna have to wait ages to get my new phone!! Damn them and they're lying ways!!

Im tempted to buy one from Vodafone, but I dont think they have the red/white one plus it'd be horribly branded and such. Damn it all!! :p

EDIT: Apparently they'll be in stock on the 13th. Now we play the waiting game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

i got one from vodafone on thursday, silver front, black back.... just don't like the phone.. never used it apart from putting in my sim card and playing with it for 30 mins... got the unlocking code from them today, and trying an O2 sim tomorrow to check it's unlocked.. will have it on adverts tomorrow all going well if interested....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Thanks but even though it'll be unlocked it will still have crappy Vodafone firmware installed on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That can be wiped at any Nokia service center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

chrislad wrote:
    That can be wiped at any Nokia service center.
    I remember havin the firmware of my old 6630 updated in the Phone center on Dawson St. and they put Vodafone software on it again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Nokia Software Updater + Nemesis Service Suite = Branding-Free Nokia Phones.

You download the NSU from Nokia's website, and use NSS to change your phone's product code to that of a SIM-Free N73, 6630 or what ever. Then you use the NSU to flash the phone, it will read the product code which you just changed, and flash the generic firmware onto it. I just did this with my Nokia 6680, and its now running generic v5 firmware instead of 3's crappy branded v3 software.

Of course, if you wait for Komplett to bring it out, you will get a SIM Free and Unbranded one anyway. Though, if you ask nicely, most NSCs will flash the generic firmware onto them anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement