Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help!xobx modding disaster

Options
  • 05-02-2007 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

i'd just like to say before i begin,i am not a stranger to softmodding,i've softmodded over 20 consoles,but with this one i dont know how to fix it for reference the hard drive is not unlocked but i don't have the eeprom and my computer will not let me hotswap,here is the problem:
    i clicked make uxe backup,unfortunately it backed itself up over the ms xboxoperating system (i didnt know this yet),so then i tried to restore my unmodded backup,but it kept on booting on linux,i booted up evox using the file explorer and clicked unlock hard drive,it said something like this: "unlock hard drive and set xbox to boot with microsoft?"i clicked yes because i thought i could just hook the hdd up to my pc and restore the files,so i clicked yes,so now the problem is that evox will not let me boot up ms because linux backed up over ms,so now it tries to load ms,but can't because the files do not exist,i cannot unlock the hdd(tried hotswapping,liveinfo,another softmodded xbox even hacking but to no avail),so i have 4 questions for you:
    1.do modchips let you unlock you hdd without the password by reading it off the eeprom chip onboard(seperate from hdd)?
    2.do you know a way to recover my hdd without ripping out my eeprom chip?
    3.do you know anywhere that could fix it cheap (or preferably free)?
    4.anyone got a working(removed from an xbox but still functioning) modchip I can buy?

I'm also interested in buying all xboxes with disk read errors or slghtly damaged from attempted modchip installation

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭coadyj

1.do modchips let you unlock you hdd without the password by reading it off the eeprom chip onboard(seperate from hdd)?

No, that info is stored on the Chip, but form the sounds of it it doesnt matter because your xbox still seems to be working

2.do you know a way to recover my hdd without ripping out my eeprom chip?

well from the sounds of it there is nothing wrong with the HD, you didnt get the click of death or anything so it should be fine. If its locked it can be unlocked with the xbox. just do a cold boot with splintercell and access the linux hack

3.do you know anywhere that could fix it cheap (or preferably free)?

i could fix it for you but it would cost enough, your looking at a new chip, there are ways around not using the chip, but it involves borrowing a chip and fixing it up. the only thing you need it the epprom info from the chip once you get that you can just use xboxhdm to make a new install, its fairly easy.

4.anyone got a working(removed from an xbox but still functioning) modchip I can buy?

No and you probably wont find many.

Just out of curiosity does a cold boot work with spintercell??

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Ive a chip i'm not using and it was working as of 2 months ago!!

Its a Xecuter 2.6 CE Mod Chip, its the chip only

Advertisement